David Cameron to place minimum price on booze!

Well........The toffs are back in charge & they are starting to crack down on the poor people already!

Why should the rest of the poorer people in society have to pay more for their alcohol, just because some people can't handle their booze?

In the long term, this idea will solve nothing! It will only increase crime & illegal importing of alcohol! :rant:

Another thread that is a pack of lies. There is absolutely no truth to your claims whatsoever.

Government statement toay.

The coalition agrees that binge drinking is a problem, but doesn't support minimum pricing.

40p a unit?

Shot of vodka = 1 unit. So £16 for a litre bottle of vodka. Costs that now, doesnt it?

It would be £8 for a standard 70cl bottle and about 11 quid for a litre bottle, not much difference to now really?

I dont see how raising the price of alcohol persecutes responsible drinkers.

How many responsible drinkers drink their recommended weekly allowance of 21 for men/14 for women units in White Lightening or Tesco Value Vodka?

Did you read the whole thread?

Increasing the base price of alcohol will drive up the price of all alcohol, which means that it penalises everyone, not just those who drink too much cheap alcohol (or indeed those that only drink a moderate amount of cheap alcohol).

What gets on my nerves most about this is the fact that I like to drink expensive red wine......but I can't afford it! Does this mean that supermarkets will no longer be able to reduce my favourite brands to half price?

What gets on my nerves most about this is the fact that I like to drink expensive red wine......but I can't afford it! Does this mean that supermarkets will no longer be able to reduce my favourite brands to half price?

Well as your thread is total nonsense and based on a pack of lies about a policy that's not supported by the government I doubt that it will make any difference.:loopy::loopy:

Increasing the base price of alcohol will drive up the price of all alcohol, which means that it penalises everyone, not just those who drink too much cheap alcohol (or indeed those that only drink a moderate amount of cheap alcohol).

I don't doubt that this would happen, but the supermarkets aren't going to have a good explanation as to why Smirnoff has to go up in price just because CheapCrappo Vodka is now £12 instead of £8.

Archived