The Court of Protection seems to me to be a sinister agency.

If you view the youtube piece you will see that they do not necessarily have no appropriate family, and that members of their families believe the court to have acted peremptorily and to have, in effect, stolen their families' money/assets.

There will always be people who disagree with the actions of every court and when it comes to Youtube, do you believe that everything which is posted on Youtube is correct and 100% truthful?

There will always be people who disagree with the actions of every court and when it comes to Youtube, do you believe that everything which is posted on Youtube is correct and 100% truthful?

No, I don't.

But equally, I do not assume the contrary.

The best way to protect yourself and your relatives from the Court of Protection is to arrange a Power of Attorney before you become unable to fend for yourself That will still cost you money but nowhere near as much as greedy lawyers helping themselves to your assets.

If you view the youtube piece you will see that they do not necessarily have no appropriate family, and that members of their families believe the court to have acted peremptorily and to have, in effect, stolen their families' money/assets.
My bold

Perhaps the reason the Court of Protection stepped in was because they had family, but it wasn't "appropriate". There are plenty of family members very willing to rip off their relatives if they get half the chance, which is surely why the Court of Protection has the powers to step in.

Archived