The Court of Protection seems to me to be a sinister agency.

My friend is selling her house but her husband is in the later stages of dementia so, because he can't make decisions for himself, a Court Protection Order has been applied for. The initial application was made the middle of January 2012. It is now 11 months and still nothing has been heard about it. She has rung her solicitor several times but he is always out of the office but, on the one occasion she did speak to him, his reply was "well these things take time". Are we being unrealistic expecting something to have happened by now. What is a realistic amount of time. She is tearing her hair out now because she could lose a sale through this.

My friend is selling her house but her husband is in the later stages of dementia so, because he can't make decisions for himself, a Court Protection Order has been applied for. The initial application was made the middle of January 2012. It is now 11 months and still nothing has been heard about it. She has rung her solicitor several times but he is always out of the office but, on the one occasion she did speak to him, his reply was "well these things take time". Are we being unrealistic expecting something to have happened by now. What is a realistic amount of time. She is tearing her hair out now because she could lose a sale through this.

i think she should be complaining about her current solicitor, all practices have a complaints procedure and also taking her business elsewhere

i think she should be complaining about her current solicitor, all practices have a complaints procedure and also taking her business

lsewhere

I think she would like to do that but it means starting from scratch again. If it was me I would be going down to the solicitor and demanding to see him and start asking questions. Feel sorry for her

An increasingly common occurence. I have absolutely no faith in the courts. Judges have no faith in the courts or else they would still pass the death penalty. http://bible.cc/matthew/7-2.htm

Judges can only apply the sentences according to the law - and seeing as the death penalty is no longer on the statute books...............and never has been in protection issues....................your point is?

.......... Are we being unrealistic expecting something to have happened by now. What is a realistic amount of time. She is tearing her hair out now because she could lose a sale through this.

The Courts Guidance Leaflet suggests that 16 weeks would be a reasonable expectation assuming that there are no complications.

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cop42-eng.pdf

Stick a rocket up his bum.

Archived