Am I the only one fed up with football?

From whenever I've been, its thriving with women but not men.

I was in Boston last year and had a discussion with an American in a bar. It went something like:

Him - You guys like that soccer over there don't you?

Me - Yes, just about every country in Europe is mad on it.

Him - It'll never be as popular as Baseball.

Me - Huh?

Him - Baseball is watched by millions.

Me - Only in America, why do you call it the world series if only Americans play it?

Him - There are a few Japanese players in the big leagues now.

Me - I see.

Him - It's just like Tennis, since Sampras retired Tennis has died. The sport needs another US player to revitalise it.

At this point, I felt best to drink up.

Im basing my opinion on how it was when the MLS was formed, they didnt have a clue on soccer but its not like that anymore, whenever i watch there games on ladbrokes tv the grounds are more than busy, and its of a very good standard compared to some of the European leagues.

He sounded like a happy chappy in the bar by the way lol.

Oh my, we have sky sports HD on standby, plasma telly and a fixture list pinned to the fridge :roll:

I will be planning some days out over the next month or so, roll on 11th July is all I can say.. but then <sigh> the cricket will be on..

Im basing my opinion on how it was when the MLS was formed, they didnt have a clue on soccer but its not like that anymore, whenever i watch there games on ladbrokes tv the grounds are more than busy, and its of a very good standard compared to some of the European leagues.

He sounded like a happy chappy in the bar by the way lol.

I think it is getting better. Beckham probably helped quite a bit.

Yeah, he was a barrel of laughs. My dad lives there, and says that his attitude isn't unusual either!

It seems that just about every time you switch on a radio or television, it's piggin football! Are they in the team, have they been dropped, what are the wags gonna do, interviews with people who can't string two words together etcetera blah blah blah!

Can anyone tell me where there is a football-free zone please?

Anyone would think that there is a world cup going on wouldn't they?:loopy:

If you don't like football and you're a man, there's something wrong with you.

What does your boyfriend think? :hihi:

?????????????????????

If you don't like football and your a man, you probably have better things to do with your time!

Archived