Council offering jobs not open to all applicants

OK, fair enough but would would your suggestion be to redress the imbalance between employment and racial make up?

(that is assuming you do see it as a problem and want the imbalance redressed)

John X

If the current recruiting policy is not redressing the ethnic balance, maybe it just means that the quality of ethnic applicants is not as good. If that's the case, why would you then want to employ inferior workers simply to make the right ethnic balance?

If the current recruiting policy is not redressing the ethnic balance, maybe it just means that the quality of ethnic applicants is not as good. If that's the case, why would you then want to employ inferior workers simply to make the right ethnic balance?

It's a training position. The whole point of its existence is to hire people not currently qualified and make them so.

I see one of the PC mods has amended my thread title so it's now both deathly dull and grammatically weak. Can I just point out that the original thread title was "Local council refuses to employ white people!" which in the context of these vacancies is perfectly correct and was deliberately provocative in order to stimulate a debate.

Hasd I entitled it "Council offering jobs not open to all applicants" there wouldn't be any replies!

It's a training position. The whole point of its existence is to hire people not currently qualified and make them so.

That said, training positions are a little thin on the ground at the moment. If I was a white Bristol graduate I'd be miffed.

Since your original thread title was a clear lie, it seems perfectly correct that it should be changed.

A local council had two vacancies. They explicitly stated the posts were only open to black and minority ethnic graduates. Therefore they were refusing to employ white people for these specific posts therefore the title "Local council refuses to employ white people!" is correct.

If you are incapable of using the English language correctly I would suggest you refrain from posting till you do!

Why do people insist on saying that thread title was a lie?

You can see from your own eyes:

"Open to black and ethnic minority ethnic graduates"

The only applicants that it isn't open to is whites.

Sheffield Forum hysteria gone wild once again.

A local council had two vacancies. They explicitly stated the posts were only open to black and minority ethnic graduates. Therefore they were refusing to employ white people for these specific posts therefore the title "Local council refuses to employ white people!" is correct.

If you are incapable of using the English language correctly I would suggest you refrain from posting till you do!

You've trolled on like...every new thread in the last ten minutes. What a sad little man you are :rolleyes:

Two vacancies out of a staff of several thousands, the vast majority of which are white. Your original title was a lie.

Archived