Council offering jobs not open to all applicants

How about the right person for the job, or the best qualified person, not the person who ticks the right ethnical box!

Does this mean if I had a company that only had black people on the payroll, I could advertise for whites only to help balance out the ethnicity of my employees? Or would I be called a racist and no doubt pursued by the police etc?

This is just stupid!

You'd have to offer it as 'training', so they would be 'trainees', but you could still pay them more than the other employees.

What difference does that make? :suspect:

John X

ALL THE DIFFERENCE

The proportion of BME keeps increasing.

You can't expect for them to land a job straight away in the council. Staff turnover isn't exactly high.

For every 100 jobs made available, what proportion of people should get them?

12 to BME? 88 to White?

Or 88 to BME and 12 to White to address the organization's ethnic 'imbalance'.

That is fine if you have equality of opportunity in education, and training but when you don't, why should those who are disadvantaged by the system in childhood and early life, go on to be disadvantaged in adult life? :confused:

John X

What? Your saying that because someone is black or an ethnic minority that they have been disadvantaged through education? Would you care to elaborate...?

What? Your saying that because someone is black or an ethnic minority that they have been disadvantaged through education? Would you care to elaborate...?

No, I'm saying that they are more likely to have been disadvantaged through education.

John X

How about the right person for the job, or the best qualified person, not the person who ticks the right ethnical box!

Does this mean if I had a company that only had black people on the payroll, I could advertise for whites only to help balance out the ethnicity of my employees? Or would I be called a racist and no doubt pursued by the police etc?

This is just stupid!

Maybe we'll start seeing those professional football teams which have a disproportionate number of black players being forced to employ more whites.

So what if a firm employs 100 workers and all their workers are white ,what's the problem ,I used to work in rolling mills and forges where the majority of the workers were coloured ,we didn't moan or ask the firm to employ more white workers to compensate we got on with it,maybe that's what should be happening now ..get on with it and let the PC idiots keep their noses out...life would be a lot simpler

Archived