Fatal shootings in Cumbria

There 's no need, I think, to add any details about the Cumbrian killings, as it has already been said.

However, I think one thing, in general, is worth saying. I 've noticed that in the countries where these spree killings take place, there is usually a high degree of competition [ to succeed materially--U.S.A. ] or a high degree of control [ U.K., China { recently } ] ]. It 's as though, statistically, a certain type of person snaps under the strain. This is not to excuse their actions, but it just seems to be the situation, in fact. I may be wrong, but, I can 't imagine such ' outbursts ' in sleepy, laid-back countries. Anyone have any further statistics or info. ?

The latest press reports suggest that a high tax demand may have led the Cumbrian gunman to snap. I had one of these a few years ago, more or less accusing me of trying to dodge paying tax, by ignoring their letters. It turned out that they 'd been sending the letters to the wrong country ! They apologised nicely, in the end, but for the Cumbrian man, such a demand may have been the last straw in a number of bureaucratic balls-ups ? I suppose the full picture will emerge eventually------and of course, no paper-pusher will be remotely to blame for any ' contribution ' to the tragedy !

I dont need specific facts to know this guy was driving around in his own vehicle shooting people.Witnesses would have been calling the police station with sightings yet no effort was made to head off this man at all to prevent others being murdered.Someone needs to be held accountable for the shocking way he was dealt with or rather wasnt.

Yup - and one of the victims was shot whilst on the phone to the emergency services I believe because he recognised the car! The information was out there and they did head him off and try and get ahead of him. There are a lot of little lanes in the Lakes - direction is one thing, knowing the exact road he is on is another. Perhaps you should join the Police instead of being so judgemental about a situation that you know nothing about.

No doubt there'll be some attempt to medicalise the fact that he was a bitter and twisted inadequate and to blame his actions on a professional. He chose to act the way he did because it gave him a sense of power but people often try to understand these events by attributing them to madness.

I am waiting with baited breath for the lefties on this forum to try and blame Margaret Thatcher for this man's horrific crimes. No doubt they will blame his actions on the supposed break down of society.

I am waiting with baited breath for the lefties on this forum to try and blame Margaret Thatcher for this man's horrific crimes. No doubt they will blame his actions on the supposed break down of society.

Is there really any need on a thread like this? You know, you scored your point but... :|

A lunatic lone, gunman has gone beserk in his community with a shotgun, what could that have to do with the break down of society, which is usually the 'pitchforkers' answer to everything.

I think we'll leave the attacking other forum users out of all of this please.

does cumbria have a firearms responce team ? i guess they dont so would have had to wait until one arrived from a neighbouring town/city so this could have took some time to implement . i also think that unarmed police officers cant attend a incident such as this one without armed police being in attendance.
The problem is that to have the level of cover some people seem to expect you'd need every town to be garrisoned.

To have a company of armed response officers sat on their backsides in every locality would soon have people compklaing when their council tax bill increased.

The problem is that to have the level of cover some people seem to expect you'd need every town to be garrisoned.

To have a company of armed response officers sat on their backsides in every locality would soon have people compklaing when their council tax bill increased.

The officers would do normal duties until needed like here in Sheffield.

Archived