Fatal shootings in Cumbria

If they know the car, surely they have been tracking it in a helicopter? And using the heat seeking devices to track this man down.
Not sure if Cumbria have a police helicopter? Might be a case of using the moutain rescue choppers and waiting for backup from other areas.

Not sure if Cumbria have a police helicopter? Might be a case of using the moutain rescue choppers and waiting for backup from other areas.

Cumbria does have police air support, I believe. However, they may have to draft in resources from outside the area to help catch this man if they are unable to apprehend him soon.

Have just heard this on the BBC News, it's shocking and really scary. It's so rare that we hear of gun men going on the rampage in this country, thankfully.

Hungerford

Dunblane

And now Whitehaven.

Definately three too many for me.

It looks as though the shooter has killed himself, after leaving at least eleven dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10216179.stm

Live feed on now re this.

They are using the BBC helicopters and Lancashire are also involved.

Online rubbernecking, great!

I appreciate it must be scary if you have loved ones in the area, but for most people that doesn't apply and they seem to be treating this syory almost as a ghoulish form of entertainment.

This is real life, not a cop show!

I don't think anyone would argue that, but in a population of over sixty million it's impossible to reduce the incidence to zero; three such incidents in over twenty years is a surprisingly low number.

True. In America things like this happen almost daily and are so common they barely make the news.

It's a measure of how safe this country is that stories such as this are so shocking to us.

Archived