Fatal shootings in Cumbria

Was going to put this in a message as i don't think it's appropriate on here but seeing as you've blocked private messages.

Yes i am watching, yes i am interested, yes i know people in that part of the country and others might. I don't appreciate being belittled on this thread inappropriately.

I will delete this once i know you've read my opinion of you.

My comments were not specifically aimed at you, just those who are ghoulishly following this story who have no personal interest in the area.

My comments were not specifically aimed at you, just those who are ghoulishly following this story who have no personal interest in the area.

You don't know whether anyone has family or friends in the area unless they have stated it though, do you?

One of my friends lives right in the middle of this in Egremont. I didn't think that I had to explain that to the world at large before being allowed to be concerned about what's happening.

True. In America things like this happen almost daily and are so common they barely make the news.

It's a measure of how safe this country is that stories such as this are so shocking to us.

I take it you've never been to America then?

Online rubbernecking, great!

I appreciate it must be scary if you have loved ones in the area, but for most people that doesn't apply and they seem to be treating this syory almost as a ghoulish form of entertainment.

This is real life, not a cop show!

Exactly. It's the same mentality that people who watch 'breaking news' have.

I was due to have been up at the nearby Fisherground Farm campsite all this week.

Nice campsite! You'd have had to have kept hold of your tent with the helicopters flying low.

We're off there for a wedding on Friday and off walking up Eskdale at the weekend. Not put us off going though, these things could happen anywhere.

Archived