Preacher woman & man with Jesus placard on fargate!

The woman makes me rather uncomfortable, I must admit. She once walked into KFC while I was eating my lunch, sat down besides me and promptly told me I would go to hell if I didn't believe in God. I just tried to concentrate on my food and not retaliate as she kept telling me this.

The most awkward ten minutes ever. :help:

Did you tell her that she would be going to hell if she didn't shut her big mouth?!:loopy:

• 5 years later...

What happened to the lady who sung like a really bad fog horn but always had a smile on her face, provided the onboard entertainment on the buses and trams around Sheffield. Her motto was ' the Lord loves you' I don't live at Sheffield now but regularly visit the city and not seen her when visiting or not around anymore. I think her name was Gwen of possibly African origin, only spoke to her a few times but only light conversation she may have attended the church off the Wicker. Off topic is Bill the Jesus man with his plaque still about ?

What happened to the lady who sung like a really bad fog horn but always had a smile on her face, provided the onboard entertainment on the buses and trams around Sheffield. Her motto was ' the Lord loves you' I don't live at Sheffield now but regularly visit the city and not seen her when visiting or not around anymore. I think her name was Gwen of possibly African origin, only spoke to her a few times but only light conversation she may have attended the church off the Wicker. Off topic is Bill the Jesus man with his plaque still about ?

If I remember rightly her daughter or her niece came onto Sheffield Forum to say that she no longer lives in UK. Perhaps the Mods will kindly find the thread from the archive?

If I remember rightly her daughter or her niece came onto Sheffield Forum to say that she no longer lives in UK. Perhaps the Mods will kindly find the thread from the archive?

Didn't realise she had any family let alone a daughter but then again as Iv said didn't really ask any personal questions. The only reason I got to knew her was I passed her often to go in Castle Market seemed a popular spot for her.

---------- Post added 09-08-2015 at 18:56 ----------

Yeah she was deported.

Rough idea when I seem to recall talking to her in early 2012 , I left Sheffield later that year?

old thread here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=954825

Thanks for the link, for all her faults she was a nice lady must be hard on her family that she thousands miles away in Jamaica especially her grand kids.

---------- Post added 09-08-2015 at 20:05 ----------

Cedric Cocker sadly died last year aged 92 - see here. In the 1950s-70s he was a neighbour of ours in Hillsborough and a lovely man.

I always thought his name was Bill, regardless of that he was a pleasant chap certainly lived to a good age.

I remember getting on the tram a few years ago with my late mum who was not very good on her legs.

The black lady was on the tram singing a religious song. The tram was full so we had to stand. The lady noticed that my late mum had a walking stick and I was holding on to her. She shouted for someone, in very loud clear voice, to give up their seat for my mum. A young man offered my mum his seat. The lady also helped my mum to the seat. My mum was very grateful to her. She thought she had a kind face.

Perhaps she is annoying to some people but I think there is worse things in the world to worry about.