Lying to combat discrimination - morally acceptable?

Is it acceptable?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable?

• Yes
    • No

Suppose your White Majority Ethnic and live in the UK and you want to try and get a job that is only open to Black & minority Ethnic groups.

Is it morally acceptable to lie about your ethnicity in order to have the equal opportunity of applying for said job?

Just say you're Dutch or Belgian, something like that.

They sometimes have these jobs because ethnics are under represented in these fields. One other point I will make is that Ethnics are discriminated against anyway due to certain employers not willing to take them on but going through the motions to keep within the law. When I passed my lorry test a few years ago I went for a job at a recycling place on Carlisle st and at the interveiw the guy said the only thing that will go against you is that I had newly passed my test. Guess what? I didn't get the job but my white friend who passed two weeks after me got the job. What does that tell you? Everyone knows that ethnics are discriminated against so stop trying to turn the tables and saying its not right that some jobs are open to ethnics only and it's not fair because that is what this thread is really about.

They sometimes have these jobs because ethnics are under represented in these fields. One other point I will make is that Ethnics are discriminated against anyway due to certain employers not willing to take them on but going through the motions to keep within the law. When I passed my lorry test a few years ago I went for a job at a recycling place on Carlisle st and at the interveiw the guy said the only thing that will go against you is that I had newly passed my test. Guess what? I didn't get the job but my white friend who passed two weeks after me got the job. What does that tell you? Everyone knows that ethnics are discriminated against so stop trying to turn the tables and saying its not right that some jobs are open to ethnics only and it's not fair because that is what this thread is really about.

Many employers think that ethnics are not even capable of doing the job.

So you lie, to what effect? Prove that you can get a job through lying? How does this combat discrimination?

It's not something that would be hard to lie about, nor could it be proved.

It opens up an opportunity that would have otherwise been denied.

Maybe he was a better candidate.

You wern't openly discriminated against.

So you think it is fair to discriminate in favour of ethnics?

Maybe he was a better candidate.

You wern't openly discriminated against.

So you think it is fair to discriminate in favour of ethnics?

Do you think it is fair to discriminate against ethnics?

Archived