Lying to combat discrimination - morally acceptable?

Is it acceptable?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable?

• Yes
    • No

True...but not usually about their ethnicity.

No matter what your grip is lying isn't gonna get you far no matter what. Skin colour could be a dead give-away.

Not necessarily. I know several people who appear white, but who would class themselves as mixed race/dual heritage. They have a parent or grandparent who is black. They have been brought up to understand their wide cultural heritage - and also to put right people who think that ethnicity is all about the colour of someone's skin. ;)

Not necessarily. I know several people who appear white, but who would class themselves as mixed race/dual heritage. They have a parent or grandparent who is black. They have been brought up to understand their wide cultural heritage - and also to put right people who think that ethnicity is all about the colour of someone's skin. ;)

Considering "White" and "Black" were used in the OP rather than White Vs White ethnic it just seemed appropriate to reply in the context of that

"Black and minority ethnic groups".

My comment was based on "Black" falling within the spectrum of ethnic?

Is there any evidence to back this claim up?

I doubt it ,thanks to mamby pamby PC they are not allowed to say anything like that for fear of being branded...now 30 year ago !!.....The idlest workers in the steel mills and forges were the Asians without a doubt they would stop and moan about the slightest thing and everything was too heavy for them.

Many employers think that ethnics are not even capable of doing the job.

I think it's an urban myth tbh. I work in an IT environment and the white:non-white ratio of our staff is roughly 1:1.

Here from a report from the end of last year:

http://www.hrmagazine.co.uk/news/946547/Job-applicants-ethnic-minority-names-experiencing-discrimination/

For every nine applications sent by a white applicant, an equally good applicant with an ethnic minority name had to send 16 to obtain a positive response.

They sometimes have these jobs because ethnics are under represented in these fields. One other point I will make is that Ethnics are discriminated against anyway due to certain employers not willing to take them on but going through the motions to keep within the law. When I passed my lorry test a few years ago I went for a job at a recycling place on Carlisle st and at the interveiw the guy said the only thing that will go against you is that I had newly passed my test. Guess what? I didn't get the job but my white friend who passed two weeks after me got the job. What does that tell you? Everyone knows that ethnics are discriminated against so stop trying to turn the tables and saying its not right that some jobs are open to ethnics only and it's not fair because that is what this thread is really about.

I enquired a few years ago at the dole centre regarding Free bus/lorry driving lessons.Guess what? Only open to ethnic minorities.

Archived