Lying to combat discrimination - morally acceptable?

Is it acceptable?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable?

• Yes
    • No

Would you believe that an employer like Noddy would give an Asian a fair crack of the whip, if you can pardon the pun?

Where is the pun?

I don't think people with those sentiments will usually be in a position to hire and fire. Sorry Noddy no offence.

Only telling the truth, that's what it was like

That's fine, I'm not denying your experiences, but obviously if you believe Asians are lazy, then it would obviously affect your consideration if you were in a position where you might be hiring one.

I don't think people with those sentiments will usually be in a position to hire and fire. Sorry Noddy no offence.
You'd be surprised scuba, I've encountered some surprising views from people I'd thought would know better, throughout a 30 year working career.

You can hazard a guess, and you'll be right more than half of the time.

That is not the only way, by a long chalk. More often, it shows up by not even bothering to interview people who have a "foreign-sounding" name.

But that has nothing to do with race.

A black man can be called Michael, a white man can be called Boristov and they are both still English.

• 1 month later...

has anyone ever found that the Sheffield accent can hinder your employment chances.

Try going to London for a professional job with a broad Yorkshire accent, someone eventually will either laugh/not take you seriously/comment on your accent

He gets sacked and a bad reference making himself unemployable, thereby assisting with the overall objective?

You wouldn't be lying by describing yourself as black if you are white.

The wording always asks how you would describe yourself it never ever asks for objective proof of ethnicity, that would leave open the door to the law of unintended consequences ;)

If I'm given a form which asks for my ethnicity, I tick the box marked 'other' (there's usually an option for ethnicities not listed.)

If somebody is daft enough to ask about my skin colour, I write 'peach'. - We're all peach-coloured.

Archived