Best bar to work for?

Forum, Old House, Harley and Washington would be the best.

Worst: WETHERSPOONS

I'd rather work in a more chilled out bar than the Forum or Old House, they both get rammed at the weekend.

Wetherspoons wouldn't be great, but there are benefits of working for a large organisation. Personally I'd be happy in somewhere like The Washington, The Rutland Arms or The Lescar. Where it's a nice atmosphere.

I'd rather work in a more chilled out bar than the Forum or Old House, they both get rammed at the weekend.

Wetherspoons wouldn't be great, but there are benefits of working for a large organisation. Personally I'd be happy in somewhere like The Washington, The Rutland Arms or The Lescar. Where it's a nice atmosphere.

The thing with Forum and Old House is yeah, they are busy at the weekends (due to popularity) though they always seem to be fully staffed and enjoy their jobs. Same with the Washington and Lescar!

But I do agree and say a local pub is great due to the fact they are more chilled out it's and always good to talk with the regulars.

As for corporate chains (Wetherspoons..) yeah there are SOME benefits from working for them, like ability to progress within the company, but that's about it. They're always understaffed. The big bullys at the top seem to think it's a good idea to have less staff on, making them working 3 times harder.

I quite enjoyed my time working for Wetherspoons when I used to live in Manchester, but it was a massive pub with an army of staff, so everything got done somewhat properly.

I wouldn't mind working somewhere like The Old House.

Archived