Anyone been to Go Ape?

I've been to the one in Rivington near Bolton. It was for a mates 30th birthday so there was a gang of us which made it more fun and was a good laugh. I enjoyed it despite the cold wet weather (would be much nicer in the sun!) but if you're scared of heights, its not for you!

Basically lots of rope swings, scrambling nets, swing bridges, zip wires,etc, all at heights! Would recommend it if there is a group of you and its for a special occassion - just something different I guess. Enjoy!

Sherwood Pines is probably closest, make a day of it, and take a picnic and if you ride a bike, take your bike too!! If you want to go a bit further, go up to Dalby Forest North Yorks near Pickering, the ropes are highr and go across valleys, not for the faint hearted, and there's also bbq areas there, enjoy!! :)

I went to one in the Lakes. We went on a week day during term time so we were the only people there and could go round as many times as we wanted. It was awesome!

Thats good - didn't know if you just went round once.

Is it a big course? How long would you say it took?

Are there like instuctors clipping your harness on etc?

one of the most scary things I've ever done. Instructors show you what to do, but basically you are on your own. You go round once - how long it takes depends on whether you are waiting for other people / how scared you are.

My OH made it to the 7th platform before fear got the better of him -he ended up crawling down a tree backwards :hihi:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Have you tried Aerial Extreme?

Aerial Extreme is a fun day out on one of the world's most awesome High Rope Adventure Courses. Aerial Extreme is ideally suited for everyone.

The iceSheffield site is opening to the general public on Saturday 17th July so check it out guys!!

Cheers :-)

Hi Guys,

Have you tried Aerial Extreme?

Aerial Extreme is a fun day out on one of the world's most awesome High Rope Adventure Courses. Aerial Extreme is ideally suited for everyone.

The iceSheffield site is opening to the general public on Saturday 17th July so check it out guys!!

Cheers :-)

Do you work for the company by any chance?

Archived