Suppose you had to post under your real name?

What would happen to internet forums if, instead of hiding behind a username, people had to post under their real names?

Would people be a bit more respectful and less insulting to their fellow posters?

I dunno, would you? As someone who's fond of phrases such as "losers", "geeks" & "nerds" everytime you post something that's patently utter nonsense and you're starting to look a bit simple, maybe you should be looking a bit closer to home!

Would we see an end to some of the trolls on here who make inflammatory statements and don't bother to explain themselves?

Yes! Ironically, you seem to be a prime culprit for these types of statements.

Would people post things that were true instead of exaggerated or fabricated incidents?

I dunno, would you? Didn't you recently restate the nonsense that Richard Dawkins was going to arrest the pope? Didn't you say that *everyone* who plays video games can't get a partner, and must certainly be "saddo's" with no life? Didn't you state that there's no discernable difference between SD and HD, despite (subsequently) admitting to not actually owning any tech that would allow you to have an informed opinion either way?

I think it would be a great idea. It would also stop people posting from their offices without the boss's knowledge and make people think twice before posting!

You don't really, as that would account for the majority of posts you've ever made. Hoisted by your own petard!

All you need to do is click my Facebook thing in my sig to see my real name so whether I use the Jabberwocky thing or not means nothing to me.

Ray Jackson or Jabberwocky, I`d still be a waste of bandwidth!

I dunno, would you? As someone who's fond of phrases such as "losers", "geeks" & "nerds" everytime you post something that's patently utter nonsense and you're starting to look a bit simple, maybe you should be looking a bit closer to home!

Yes! Ironically, you seem to be a prime culprit for these types of statements.

I dunno, would you? Didn't you recently restate the nonsense that Richard Dawkins was going to arrest the pope? Didn't you say that *everyone* who plays video games can't get a partner, and must certainly be "saddo's" with no life? Didn't you state that there's no discernable difference between SD and HD, despite (subsequently) admitting to not actually owning any tech that would allow you to have an informed opinion either way?

You don't really, as that would account for the majority of posts you've ever made. Hoisted by your own petard!

So you have an alius I see.

All you need to do is click my Facebook thing in my sig to see my real name so whether I use the Jabberwocky thing or not means nothing to me.

Ray Jackson or Jabberwocky, I`d still be a waste of bandwidth!

Ray Jackson!! Moustachioed mandolin playing Ray Jackson of Lindesfarne!? Ray Jackson who I caught groping my then girlfriend after the ‘84 City Hall Christmas show!!?? Stay where you are Jackson, I’m coming round.

Ray Jackson!! Moustachioed mandolin playing Ray Jackson of Lindesfarne!? Ray Jackson who I caught groping my then girlfriend after the ‘84 City Hall Christmas show!!?? Stay where you are Jackson, I’m coming round.

Moustachioed?

Dont talk to me about moustaches!

I grew a beauty last year, a BEAUTY I tell ya! And they all made fun of it!

Some of the scumbags even tried to claim it was....

ginger.

I`m still in therapy for that!

What would happen to internet forums if, instead of hiding behind a username, people had to post under their real names?

Would people be a bit more respectful and less insulting to their fellow posters? Would we see an end to some of the trolls on here who make inflammatory statements and don't bother to explain themselves? Would people post things that were true instead of exaggerated or fabricated incidents?

I think it would be a great idea. It would also stop people posting from their offices without the boss's knowledge and make people think twice before posting!

Do you agree?

Ive been using my own name ever since i came on, it wouldnt feel right having some crazy alias.

Archived