Suppose you had to post under your real name?

The Independant Newpaper has stopped people posting unless they identify themselves either via their facebook or other online vverifiable profile.

Excellent idea, seeing as no-one can possibly set up a fake account, and fake identity...

oh, erm...hang on...

My user name is sort of an in joke that most people would not understand but generally shows my fallibility.

I would never use my real name on a forum, or most other places. So people who use facebook only use their real names - yeah right!

If I had to use my real name I would not be posting on SF. A few years ago I posted on SF under a different avatar whilst I was looking for long lost relatives. Unbeknown to me some of my relatives (not the ones I was looking for) were forummers. They recognised me through my threads and caused all sorts of problems as they didn't agree with what I was doing. Thankfully through the kindness of other forummers I found the people I was looking for.

Archived