Mod for it @ DQ: Friday 4th June Stones Vs Beatles Special

Tinsoldier

Friday 4th June a ‘Mod4It’ special presents

The Beatles Vs. The Rolling Stones this event includes for ONE full hour only, we’ll play a selection of Beatles/Stones tracks back to back.

Its Exile on Main Street & Sticky Fingers Vs Rubber Soul & Revolver...

Are you a Beatles or a Stone? Would you have married Keef or Paul? Jagger & Richards or Lennon & McCartney Yoko or Bianca?……

You can decide what is played all requests taken, come and tell us your faves,

Satisfaction>Help>Get off my Cloud>Strawberry Field>Sympathy for the Devil>I Saw her Standing there>Paint it Black>Twist and Shout>Brown Sugar>day Tripper>Miss You>I am the Walrus plus your own requests.

This special set is for ONE HOUR only, then all your favourite Mod sounds crash back in with The Jam, Specials Kinks, Supremes, Martha Reeves, Aretha, Dusty, Marvin, Stevie Wonder, Paul Weller, Chiffons, Toots and the Mayatals, Temptations, Isley Brothers, Curtis Mayfield, The Who.

Future one hour specials planned for this Summer include,

Motown & Northern Soul,

‘A Wellerbration’ (The Jam, Style Council, Weller solo)

Jamaican Ska Vs British Two Tone – Specials>Toots>Madness>Upsetters>Selector>Desmond Dekka>The Beat>Jimmy Cliff> The Pioneers>.Millie>Harry J Allstars

Finally watch out for Live music Mod bands playing at ‘Mod 4 it’ this September 2010.

Archived