Should i claim off car manufacturer

i dont know if we should put a claims towards volkswagon for having bieng out of work due to our car having a manufacturers fault, which we have been told by volkswagon dealers, since its used as a private hire taxi are we entitled to claim for losses? and how to go about it? anyone been in same situation?

i dont know if we should put a claims towards volkswagon for having bieng out of work due to our car having a manufacturers fault, which we have been told by volkswagon dealers, since its used as a private hire taxi are we entitled to claim for losses? and how to go about it? anyone been in same situation?

Surely its down to the dealer not supplying you with a courtesy car rather than the manufacturer?

I would be looking at this from another angle...

Supposing the fault had 'failed' while the car was in use carrying a paying passenger and they had been injured or killed, in that situation, would the liability claim be on yourselves or on the manufacturer?

In other words, i would be thankful that the manufacturer had rectified the fault free of charge thereby ensuring you had a safe vehicle for your clients to travel in.

I would be looking at this from another angle...

Supposing the fault had 'failed' while the car was in use carrying a paying passenger and they had been injured or killed, in that situation, would the liability claim be on yourselves or on the manufacturer?

In other words, i would be thankful that the manufacturer had rectified the fault free of charge thereby ensuring you had a safe vehicle for your clients to travel in.

it wasnt fixed free of charge they offered a 75% discount so we had to pay 250 pounds

and since we lost 4 days of income as its bieng used as a private hire taxi surely we should be compensated?

Not really....

Im in road haulage and when any of our vans/trucks go in for a service, recall or break down... its a case of tough luck. Repairs are an unfortunate but necessary 'down time' in order to keep them in service. We try (wherever possible) to book garage time in at slack periods or arrange a cover vehicle for the time its out of action.

Perhaps you should consider doing the same. :)

Archived