What's not quite right with this?

Could it be the instructions Tony?.....

The Dettol No-Touch Hand Wash System is easy to set up.

Insert 4 AA batteries included. Press tab firmly to close battery door completely.

Remove the sticker from the hand soap refill.

Insert the hand soap refill into the dispenser until you hear it click into place.

Switch on using the on/off switch located on the back of the dispenser.

The red indicator light on front will blink to indicate the dispenser is activated. When it stops blinking, your No-Touch dispenser is ready to use!

Easy to Set Up Easy to Use Maintaining Your Dispenser

Hmmm... but, after using this no-touch device to wash your hands,

wouldn't you then use your hands to switch it off again? :huh:

You're not implying that this system could be a pile of crap designed and marketed in a way to make money for Dettol while having no practical use are you?

The Dettol advert which was about there being more bacteria on your chopping board than your loo seat was very correct. Loo seats carry very few bacteria because they are generally very dry and virtually all bacteria are killed by that level of dryness (which is why towels should be in a place where the dry properly between hand washes). The chopping board is a much wetter place normally, and so more bacteria exist there.

There's no definition between harmful and harmless bacteria, no care in explaining that once the Dettol has killed the 99.9% of bacteria then all that will be left is the 0.1% of bacteria that Dettol can't kill (and I'm not even sure I want to know which species they are!) now allowed free reign to grow in the absence of the other bacteria which would otherwise keep them in balance.

There's clean for functional reasons and there's paranoia. I would buy an automatic soap dispenser and I'm one of few humans with a genuine need to have one- I can't hold both arms out to operate a standard one easily. For everybody else, what's wrong with washing the bottle of hand wash when you do the housework and wash round your sink? If you're only touching it when you dispense soap to wash your hands then you don't touch the 'germy' thing when your hands are clean anyway.

Nobody has quite got it yet.

You mean that you will wash your hands after you touch the pump dispenser anyway (with bactericidal soap), so it doesn't matter that you touch it.

Yes, [Medusa made that point] but it's all equally stupid "germ phobia" marketing, even disinfectant soap.

You mean that you will wash your hands after you touch the pump dispenser anyway (with bactericidal soap), so it doesn't matter that you touch it.

Yes, [Medusa made that point] but it's all equally stupid "germ phobia" marketing, even disinfectant soap.

Yep ...that was my conclusion too......the next logical step you take once you've touched the pump is to wash your hands ....:roll:

They have already tried that one......

According to the 'experts'.....

Most people keep their toothbrushes by the washbasin in the bathroom which is next to the bog (usually) and 'experts' say that the toothbrushes harbor more bacteria than the bog because when you pee - the spores fly into the air and land on your toothbrush.... you clean your bog with that blue stuff but you never clean your toothbrush.

I devised a cunning plan......

Throw away the bogbrush and clean the bog with the toothbrush thereby cleaning the toothbrush at the same time as the karzy.

Winner :D

Re my bold.

I wash my toothbrush twice per day. I wet it, put some special cleaning cream on it, then rub it against my teeth. I reckon that will get most of the germs off it.

Archived