Womens magazines

Someone please tell me, what is meant by the term "real women?"

It's a slightly plump woman, apparently :roll:

The so called 'real' woman will still of course have perfect skin, hair, make up and clothes but she's just a size 16. The rest of us aren't 'real'.

The so called 'real' woman will still of course have perfect skin, hair, make up and clothes but she's just a size 16. The rest of us aren't 'real'.

I'm a size 52. Is that real enough? ;) There are folds within folds... Lanacane is my saviour. :D

Oh, and did I mention I gave birth to octuplets while bungee jumping off Niagara Falls in a bear suit.

Yeah, that's the impression I got. Like you must be "imaginary" if you're anything less than a size 12! Women are women no matter what size. Models are real women too, so are big women, small women etc.

I'm female and don't think or care about any of those things. Personally I wouldn't wipe my bum with such mags :D

I'd wipe your bum with such mags, but I'm a pervert. :)

Oh and I confess to having used the term "real woman" before. I used it to describe a woman who:

a) hasn't had her natural beauty airbrushed over

b) doesn't think the odd fat roll or cellulite (sp?) is unnatural or intolerably unsightly

c) basically any woman who is confident with who she is.

I realise that C represents very few women. Is that partly the fault of the women's mags though? Perhaps the men's mags such as "Zoo" have something to do with the modern woman's false self perception. :suspect:

Years ago I used to buy Woman magazine and Woman's Own. There used to be a couple of reasonsable short stories and serialised story, plus fashion, make-up etc. But then they went the way of Now and Closer etc - cheap copy - pay £100 for someone's 'real life' disfunction and sit back.

Is that partly the fault of the women's mags though? Perhaps the men's mags such as "Zoo" have something to do with the modern woman's false self perception. :suspect:

I wonder if you really do feel any better if you stop reading womens magazines? Is it really that simple? Plenty of other things can make people insecure I think and I doubt it was even womens magazines in the first place (unless you've really make an effort to fill your head with that crap).

Archived