What would you do with a 2 x1 meter spare room?

In my prospective new house there is a room at the bottom of the stairwell. It is currently a second toilet, which I personally do not see the need for but my friend (the only one) and a few other people all think I should stick with a second toilet.

What would you do with this room? My wife and I want to move the washer and dryer out of the kitchen (its an australian thing) but am interested in a cross section of sheffield solutions to this bit of space. I am also keen on making it a cloakroom since shoes and coats in a hallway gets right on my tits. Any other ideas? If you would keep it as a second toilet say so.

P.S. Its not exactly two by 1 meter, but I havent measured it. Just imagine its about the size of... a second toilet.

This wont be a Sheffield solution mind, but I would keep it for an 2nd bathroom. I have 2 bathrooms in my house and, I swear, I don't know how we would live with just one. Some days it seems all three of us need to use it simultaneously. I understand about the coats and shoes but a nice armoire would work or a coat rack attached to the wall with one of those benches beneath with baskets under for shoes, hats, scarves, etc. Could you get a stack washer dryer combo (or is that what you have now?)? That takes up less floor space and perhaps could fit elsewhere?

Just some ideas.

I'd keep it as a downstairs loo, I think they're incredible handy (but that could be because I usually go upstairs on all fours and I have incontinence problems!)

Give it a few months as a loo and, if you find you're not using it, then consider converting it to something else, but leave the plumbing in, because I do think that a downstairs loo adds to the value of a house.

Archived