Cultural Diversity

Perhaps you could point out the place where i suggest that standing on toilet seats is a religious practice? I was responding to spindrift's and superstar1's accusations.

However, I'm pretty sure that Mohammed is quoted on one of the sunnah as stating that muslims should squat when weeing. With that in mind, it's entirely possible that some muslims do deliberately squat on toilet seats for religious reasons. Why is that an offensive suggestion?

Personally I don't care either way, and I'm not sure why anyone else would. I'm more than happy to defend anyone from false accusations but, given that I have personal experience of muslims squatting on toilet seats, I can't see the sense in pretending none have or would.

First time I saw a bidet (also in the middle east) I assumed it was a urinal, and used it as such for a while! I'm sure I'm not the only person to have done that. If someone started a thread saying that atheists wee in bidets I'd have to agree with them, although I'm pretty sure it's not something Richard Dawkins endorses, or has ever done!

Honestly I will as soon as you point out to me how this statement means you actually said that this practice is a religious one
for some to suggest that this practice you describe is anything religious
Although you do infer that some Muslims may do,due to some hadith, but that wasn't my insinuation but your misunderstanding.;)

Guilty. I was weeing in the first bidet i ever encountered for quite a while...

Better than someone I know who admitted thinking it was for drinking from and used it as such to do wudzu.:gag:

..although it doesn't help the 'believers' who invariably are emotionally constipated ;)
I was going to suggest the opposite verbal condition of the none believers but perhaps not appropriate. :lol:

oh i dont know . i find debating urinals much more interesting and worthwhile than anything to do with "Cultural Diversity"

Well of course I understand your position DofW, you can't entirely be blamed for believing cultural diversity is choosing a deep fried Mars Bar over a pickled egg.

Archived