Cultural Diversity

Only my personal experience in the UK, I've never encountered a Muslim man who wears a robe, and has bare legs underneath.

My dad never mixes trousers and dishdasha. He wears either one or the other.

I was really being led by your previous point where you suggested it would be difficult to stand on a toilet, whilst wearing trousers. I hadn't thought about it prior to then and superstar1's experiment, but I would agree it would present some difficulties.

So it's difficult. So what? People will do difficult things if they're motivated enough. Someone who is only comfortable squatting will find a way to squat. I'm not sure why you're continuing to argue.

I don't think anyone has claimed that all Muslims squat on toilet seats, or that only Muslims ever do it. I know from personal experience in a muslim country that at least some do. I've never seen anyone, of any faith or persuasion, do it un this country, but that doesn't prove anything.

You're arguing to prove a negative, that people never do a particular thing. I know for a fact that some people do that thing. I gave no reason to make it up, and I draw no conclusions from what I've seen. I don't know why they did it, I didn't ask.

My dad never mixes trousers and dishdasha. He wears either one or the other.
I'm not sure what you're becoming so indignant about, you make my point which was I've never known a Muslim man wear robes and trousers at the same time!

So it's difficult. So what? People will do difficult things if they're motivated enough. Someone who is only comfortable squatting will find a way to squat. I'm not sure why you're continuing to argue.

I'm not arguing, you appear to be arguing with yourself. You suggested previously that it would be difficult for a trouser wearing man to squat over a toilet-I agreed with you.

I don't think anyone has claimed that all Muslims squat on toilet seats, or that only Muslims ever do it. I know from personal experience in a muslim country that at least some do. I've never seen anyone, of any faith or persuasion, do it un this country, but that doesn't prove anything.

You're arguing to prove a negative, that people never do a particular thing. I know for a fact that some people do that thing. I gave no reason to make it up, and I draw no conclusions from what I've seen. I don't know why they did it, I didn't ask.

I think you've mis-understood my posts, I did not say people never do a particular thing, I just don't believe that trouser wearing Muslim men routinely stand on toilet seats in the UK. Your experiences would seem to suggest that's also the case.

I should imagine it is pretty tricky if you're wearing trousers. If you really want to test the idea out you'd have to wear a dishdasha (traditional arabic robe).

I cant believe it I am in so much trouble :gag:

Thanks to you EbonyBranch i decided to re try my experiment wearing traditional Arab robes, the only problem is that i dont own any so I looked around my house and looked for the next best thing and it came down to two choices

1 one of my wifes dresses

2 the throw from our settee

I tried them both on ( Although the dress was a little tight), and opted for the dress, I waited for my wife to go to work then started the experiment and on a whole it went well the trouble is just as i finished she came home cause she forgot something, the outcome is she caught me wearing herr dress coming out of the bathroom and now thinks that i am a tranny.

I have been sleeping on the sette for the last couple of nights :o

I cant believe it I am in so much trouble :gag:

Thanks to you EbonyBranch i decided to re try my experiment wearing traditional Arab robes, the only problem is that i dont own any so I looked around my house and looked for the next best thing and it came down to two choices

1 one of my wifes dresses

2 the throw from our settee

I tried them both on ( Although the dress was a little tight), and opted for the dress, I waited for my wife to go to work then started the experiment and on a whole it went well the trouble is just as i finished she came home cause she forgot something, the outcome is she caught me wearing herr dress coming out of the bathroom and now thinks that i am a tranny.

I have been sleeping on the sette for the last couple of nights :o

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Show her this thread, I'm sure she would be very impressed with your dedication to scientific research!

Archived