Cultural Diversity

The single most stupid claim ever I have read on SF.

They eat babies should be along in a bit.

Muslims are advised to squat or sit when going to the toilet to urinate, as it is believed to be a small sin to get urine on clothes. This causes confusion to some Muslims (also other non Muslims) who have come to England. Some have never seen our version of a toilet before, so decide to stand on it.

I have seen this case once before in Mansfield, then heard of several people saying the same.

Muslims are advised to squat or sit when going to the toilet to urinate, as it is believed to be a small sin to get urine on clothes. This causes confusion to some Muslims (also other non Muslims) who have come to England. Some have never seen our version of a toilet before, so decide to stand on it.

I have seen this case once before in Mansfield, then heard of several people saying the same.

Really? I wish men here would adopt the same practice.

Good morning colleagues.

Might I tease you with a question or two at the start of the working day?

1. There seems almost to have been a Muslim/Jihadist recruitment campaign on some of the Forum pages recently. Is the BNP allowed such licence?

2. A work colleague's electronic diary for Friday afternoons is always blocked out with "Mosque". I know that he is paid for the time. If I wanted to take time out - say, to travel to the "Biretta Belt" of Goldthorpe for an outdoor procession of the Blessed Sacrament on the feast of Corpus Christi (it's just an example) I would have to take annual leave.

I'm not asking for generalised replies, because it leads to ranting, and there's plenty of that going on already. But am interested to hear of similar experiences.....

1. I disagree. And there have been plenty of BNP related threads.

2. Sorry don't believe you. How do you know they're paid, do you see their wage slip? How do you know they don't work that time back Mon-Thurs?

And pebble dash the toilets causing problems for non-muslims who have to wait until the cleaners have cleaned and re-opened the toilets.
Yes the toilets were horrendus at this company through this practise even prompting the management having to put sighns up saying standing on the toilet seats was not permited as well as washing their feet in the hand washing sinks even though they were provided with the proper foot washing sink.

Good morning colleagues.

Might I tease you with a question or two at the start of the working day?

1. There seems almost to have been a Muslim/Jihadist recruitment campaign on some of the Forum pages recently. Is the BNP allowed such licence?

2. A work colleague's electronic diary for Friday afternoons is always blocked out with "Mosque". I know that he is paid for the time. If I wanted to take time out - say, to travel to the "Biretta Belt" of Goldthorpe for an outdoor procession of the Blessed Sacrament on the feast of Corpus Christi (it's just an example) I would have to take annual leave.

I'm not asking for generalised replies, because it leads to ranting, and there's plenty of that going on already. But am interested to hear of similar experiences.....

You actually sound like you're an old hand at this...:roll:

Archived