Cultural Diversity

Maybe I can now make a further attempt to read To The Lighthouse with a newfound sense of enjoyment, perhaps that was the metaphor intended by Virginia Woolf ?:hihi:

..have you never wondered why they're always located at places called 'head', Suffy :D

Nonsense. No employer would give an employee of one religion time off, but not another employee of a different or no religion. Besides not making economic sense and demotivating staff, it would also be illegal.

There are still certain employers that let their employees finish at lunch time on Friday, but that applies to all employees.

Sorry, Milquetoast, but it is bloody well not nonsense.

I'm a Trade Union rep of 10 years' standing. Can I ask you to put your industrial relations experience on the table??

And even if you're Arthur Scargill in disguise, it's not good form (old boy) to disrespect another's posts in this way.

Muslims are advised to squat or sit when going to the toilet to urinate, as it is believed to be a small sin to get urine on clothes. This causes confusion to some Muslims (also other non Muslims) who have come to England. Some have never seen our version of a toilet before, so decide to stand on it.

I have seen this case once before in Mansfield, then heard of several people saying the same.

When I was growing up just outside Mansfield, toilets were a short walk across the allotment. So there!

1. I disagree. And there have been plenty of BNP related threads.

2. Sorry don't believe you. How do you know they're paid, do you see their wage slip? How do you know they don't work that time back Mon-Thurs?

Well mj.scuba, you are a bit breathtakingly arrogant I'd say....not "Are you sure that....?" but "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU" (my capitals).

I might be the HR manager, with access to all records, for all you know! Do you see my point??

So why are you questioning this part of the statement? Who or what are you an apologist for? I'm a Trade Union rep. Put your credentials on the table (if you have any).

I cant believe it I am in so much trouble :gag:

Thanks to you EbonyBranch i decided to re try my experiment wearing traditional Arab robes, the only problem is that i dont own any so I looked around my house and looked for the next best thing and it came down to two choices

1 one of my wifes dresses

2 the throw from our settee

I tried them both on ( Although the dress was a little tight), and opted for the dress, I waited for my wife to go to work then started the experiment and on a whole it went well the trouble is just as i finished she came home cause she forgot something, the outcome is she caught me wearing herr dress coming out of the bathroom and now thinks that i am a tranny.

I have been sleeping on the sette for the last couple of nights :o

You know, I can't help but think that you're not taling this whole discussion very seriously......:)

2. A work colleague's electronic diary for Friday afternoons is always blocked out with "Mosque". I know that he is paid for the time. If I wanted to take time out - say, to travel to the "Biretta Belt" of Goldthorpe for an outdoor procession of the Blessed Sacrament on the feast of Corpus Christi (it's just an example) I would have to take annual leave.

Sorry don't believe you. How do you know they're paid, do you see their wage slip? How do you know they don't work that time back Mon-Thurs?

Well mj.scuba, you are a bit breathtakingly arrogant I'd say....not "Are you sure that....?" but "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU" (my capitals).

I might be the HR manager, with access to all records, for all you know! Do you see my point??

So why are you questioning this part of the statement? Who or what are you an apologist for? I'm a Trade Union rep. Put your credentials on the table (if you have any).

Well as a trade union rep you must have brought a lot to the table in negotiating for your Muslim colleague paid leave to attend the mosque.

You will be well aware that there's no requirement on an employer to offer paid leave in those circumstances, unless it's taken as part of the employee's annual holiday entitlement.

The muslim colleague I work with gets no time off to pray on a Friday or any other day for that matter.

The only extra time he gets off is once a year to celebrate eid at the end of ramadam which amounts to one morning (although he's allowed all day) which is usually paid at the discretion of his boss.

I should also add that there are other muslim colleagues that take more time off than they're supposed to.

Archived