Cultural Diversity

Unlikely - that photo is dated 1880 :)

But two of my grandparents were of that era, one lived to his mid seventies and the other died at 96.

A hard life doesn't have to be a short one :D

Blimey, to be honest I only gave it a cursory glance and thought it was a post-war one!

My great-grandmother was of that era and she lived to be 99 as did her sister.

• 1 month later...
Curses! Unmasked! (well, sort of. And no, I'm not far Right. Anyone officially black(!)listed by both the BNP and the English Democrats must be doing summat right.

You must have really digged through the forums to drag this one back.

Good morning colleagues.

Might I tease you with a question or two at the start of the working day?

1. There seems almost to have been a Muslim/Jihadist recruitment campaign on some of the Forum pages recently. Is the BNP allowed such licence?

2. A work colleague's electronic diary for Friday afternoons is always blocked out with "Mosque". I know that he is paid for the time. If I wanted to take time out - say, to travel to the "Biretta Belt" of Goldthorpe for an outdoor procession of the Blessed Sacrament on the feast of Corpus Christi (it's just an example) I would have to take annual leave.

I'm not asking for generalised replies, because it leads to ranting, and there's plenty of that going on already. But am interested to hear of similar experiences.....

its called fear of being called racist and im sick of it.

Good morning colleagues.

Might I tease you with a question or two at the start of the working day?

1. There seems almost to have been a Muslim/Jihadist recruitment campaign on some of the Forum pages recently. Is the BNP allowed such licence?

2. A work colleague's electronic diary for Friday afternoons is always blocked out with "Mosque". I know that he is paid for the time. If I wanted to take time out - say, to travel to the "Biretta Belt" of Goldthorpe for an outdoor procession of the Blessed Sacrament on the feast of Corpus Christi (it's just an example) I would have to take annual leave.

I'm not asking for generalised replies, because it leads to ranting, and there's plenty of that going on already. But am interested to hear of similar experiences.....

Christ you sound like a dull little man :rolleyes:

It would also be interesting to find out how many of those kiddies in that ancient photo were Irish or Italian in extraction, or even, considering the approximate age of the photo, Russian refugees?

Looking at the 1891 census possibly none.

Edit: but the teacher Richard G. Gedlow was.

Archived