Cultural Diversity

just because you don't know one does not = they do not exist. I used "foreigner" because I am talking about foreigners not muslims. I would have thought english muslims would know how to use an english toilet.

That is the point I was trying to get at. People say muslim, meaning foreign people (people who have come from a different country and don't know how to use English toilets). Islam is a faith, not a nationality, so saying 'muslims' don't know how to use toilets is misleading, when it is actually foreign people.

That is the point I was trying to get at. People say muslim, meaning foreign people (people who have come from a different country and don't know how to use English toilets). Islam is a faith, not a nationality, so saying 'muslims' don't know how to use toilets is misleading, when it is actually foreign people.

But I didn't I said foreigner:confused:

Some Muslims still stand when going to the toilet, as is the case in their home country. When they get a seperate toilet, it's usually one of those that you see abroad, a hole in the ground with two standing plates.

Some Muslims feel the need to stand on, what we see as, an ordinary toilet. Thus causing them to break.

Might inflatable toilets be an answer. This is an idea I have been toying with for some time but have not got around to patenting yet. An inflatable toilet will be one that when packed fits neatly into a backpack but when you pull the cord it automatically inflates itself to the size of a normal toilet. The idea is that it is totally portable and can be taken anywhere.

But I didn't I said foreigner:confused:

Not what you said earlier on in the thread.....

no it isn't, they have done it at my workplace

When responding to Tab1 reply to scott smith..

Some Muslims still stand when going to the toilet, as is the case in their home country. When they get a seperate toilet, it's usually one of those that you see abroad, a hole in the ground with two standing plates.

Some Muslims feel the need to stand on, what we see as, an ordinary toilet. Thus causing them to break.

I pasted in the wrong quote thats all ;-)

Might inflatable toilets be an answer. This is an idea I have been toying with for some time but have not got around to patenting yet. An inflatable toilet will be one that when packed fits neatly into a backpack but when you pull the cord it automatically inflates itself to the size of a normal toilet. The idea is that it is totally portable and can be taken anywhere.

Get in quick sid, :hihi:

The last part of the digestive tract where faeces accumulates is in the left side; hence the leaning on that foot is helpful. Similarly the use of the left hand help to press the left thigh against the left side of the abdomen. In spite of this method (squatting) being superior to the sitting position, most of the toilets in new governmental buildings in Muslim countries have western type of toilets-which people, it is interesting to note, use in the eastern way. In cold countries where splashing of water has to be avoided some research on this line can produce a design of toilet meeting both requirements.

Archived