Teacher's Disciplinary Body Axed.

Guest sibon

Isn't it the job of the head teachers to ensure that standards of teaching are upheld and would take the necessary action if they aren't?

It is, but from my experience that isn't always the case - hence the "headless chicken" scenario when an OFSTED visit is planned.

We also got our fingers burnt when we took on a 2nd IC in a department. Glowing references from her previous employer, but she turned out to be terrible. She had no control over the children and often ran out of the classroom crying, leaving someone else to pick up the pieces.

And when she decided to move on, you can be sure this wasn't mentioned and a glowing reference given to swiftly get rid of her.

Surely the head teachers should be taken to task then? They obviously aren't doing their own job properly if they are handing out good references to employees that don't deserve them. If a teacher isn't any good they can be sacked without any need for a good reference to 'encourage' them to go.

Michael Gove has announced the end of the General Teacher's Council. Link here.

The GTC was a rather bizarrely funded body. Teachers receive an extra £33 in their pay one month and then had it removed by the GTC in the next month, usually by force. I was never certain of their purpose, it seemed to involve them sending me a useless magazine every so often.

If you are reading this Michael Gove :)... Well done. Now get rid of these. You could start by asking them to cancel their annual self-congratulatory "Conference". Last year they hired the Emirates and all the corporate trappings, this year they have hired the NEC. I'm pretty sure that the education of our young people will survive without them. The money saved might come in useful, too.

The GTC were great. They nailed a couple of crap teachers to the wall for what they did to my kids. These scumbags thought they were above the law.

Happy to say that wasnt the case.

You seem to ask a lot of questions.

Ive really no idea who fulfilled the GTC's role. If its important to you why not try Google?

I was only trying to get peoples opinions here in SF, this really did seem the place to ask the question. If you have nothing to say why reply?

I was only trying to get peoples opinions here in SF, this really did seem the place to ask the question. If you have nothing to say why reply?

I had something to say. I replied to your question. Are you seriously suggesting that just because i dont know the answer to your question i should just ignore you?

Have you any idea how rude that would be?

Archived