Teacher's Disciplinary Body Axed.

Guest sibon

Guest sibon
It is, but from my experience that isn't always the case - hence the "headless chicken" scenario when an OFSTED visit is planned.

In which case, the Head needs disciplining.

The Safer Recruitment requirements are very clear, go and read the document. Referees must tell the truth. Heads must set guidelines to ensure that references give factual information, they must also follow up any ambiguous information.

If the Head doesn't make sure that this happens, he should be taken to task by the Governors for failing to ensure the safety of the students.

Guest sibon
The GTC were great. They nailed a couple of crap teachers to the wall for what they did to my kids. These scumbags thought they were above the law.

Happy to say that wasnt the case.

When was that mikmouse?

In which case, the Head needs disciplining.

The Safer Recruitment requirements are very clear, go and read the document. Referees must tell the truth. Heads must set guidelines to ensure that references give factual information, they must also follow up any ambiguous information.

If the Head doesn't make sure that this happens, he should be taken to task by the Governors for failing to ensure the safety of the students.

That is my understanding of it too.

Archived