The Guardian's Top 10 Budget Places to Eat

steve69

If you compare the food you get and the price you are charged with the equivalent down south then nonnas and the wig&pen probably do come under the budget section.

Fair comment- but would you travel 'up north' just to eat in these places and save money? Don't think so. Is the Guardian still a Manchester paper? Or has that, too, fled south?

Fair comment- but would you travel 'up north' just to eat in these places and save money? Don't think so. Is the Guardian still a Manchester paper? Or has that, too, fled south?

er.... it moved in 1964!

No sorry I meant where on the list is it. I love East and WEst eat there very regularly. In my opinion the best budget food in Sheffield :D

Ah! Ha ha! Oh well, for anyone else wondering where it is they now know! May have to call in for a curry tonight now - this thread has got me thinking about their spinach and lentil curry!

The article describes Clearly Food Kitchen as "much-loved, locally."

I'm not sure a place can be much loved when its only been open a few months. I've eaten there twice, I found the sandwich choice too limiting compared to Alfie and Bella's and nothing too special, but that's only my opinion!

Reading the article it seems pretty lazily written, there are many more much loved venues around Sheffield. Woody's Sandwich Shop for one.

To whose budget does this apply exactly? Here is a better list..

Old House

Fat Cat

Devonshire cat

Milestone

aagrah

Rutland Arms

Henrys

Harlequinn

All sell, great home cooked food and drinks at reasonable prices.

Archived