What you give is what you get?

When it comes to love, money, happiness, is it true that "what you give is what you get"? Is an attitude of giving without expectation of return the true path to fulfilment? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-p2ED63dg

OR

Are the happiest, wealthiest, most loved people in the world those who are a little bit more savvy and manage to engineer a higher return on their investments? Do you count, note everything you give and exclude anyone from your life who doesn't return favours with interest? If not, would you be happier if you did?

'What you give is what you get.'

I give a lot and expect little in return. Not that I mind, but on the odd occasion, I would just for once like a little in return :)

Seriously though, I give my time and energy to my charitable causes and I suppose what I get in return is the sense of achievement or fulfillment. To me, those two things enrich my life somewhat :)

i always go out of my way to help my family and friends, and i always without fail get ***** on by them eventually

Also agreed. Not so much friends but definitely family - especially immediate family as in ex partners - even before they became ex-partners. Waffle waffle waffle. Blah blah blah! Still - won't ever change the way I am so maybe I get my just rewards. Am I masochistic - psychologically speaking? Don't care.

Archived