Help - may have done a very stupid thing and need advice!

To cut a long story short, i have booked a holiday for saturday, staying at an apartment abroad. i found the apartment via gumtreee, signed a contract etc, paid the money. But now I have come to contact him to confirm dates and arrange transfers (he had offered to collect us) and not had a reply, despite flying out in 2 days.....

i dont have his phone number as i didnt need it at the time. i just have his fax and email, getting no replies from either. I also have the bank details that I used to transfer the money.

Is there any way of finding out his address/contact number? He lives in spain if that makes any difference.

So so worried ive been scammed :( Have done private holiday lets before and had no issues :(

It doesn't sound like a typical con. Was it a proper bank account you paid into and not paypal or similar? Does the fax machine have a spanish number?

Not sure if Gumtree would help or not, they probably don't have any further details about them. If it does turn out to be a con then I would guess the police would help.

How long do I give him before I call the police??

I've registered with gumtree before and pretty sure that ive just used email address,,,,humph.

i keep checking my emails every 2 mins, its meant to be my hen week and i darent even tell the other girls :(

I have his proper bank account, not paypal. and the fax number is spanish - have tried ringing but it is def set to fax.

i wondered if there was a way on the net to find his address or phone number with the details i had??

i still really want the holiday tho - i have the address of the apartment, and flights were booked separately, do you think its worth going still or not??

i only bought my travel insurance the other day so bet im not covered as paid the money months ago :(

Archived