Help - may have done a very stupid thing and need advice!

i still really want the holiday tho - i have the address of the apartment, and flights were booked separately, do you think its worth going still or not??

i only bought my travel insurance the other day so bet im not covered as paid the money months ago :(

Don't know where you are going but maybe take a tent? or spare money to book another apartment. Then try and sort the scam out after.

Did you pay by credit card? Theres insurance on credit card purchases isn't there?

Hi sophie, have sent a fax but they havent replied back :( my friends are going to kill me, its not just my money and holiday i will have lost, but everyones :(

waiting to hear from the bank if they can do anything - OH sent the money for me else i'd be on it already :(

hi llamatron, wish i could afford to stay somewhere else - its marbella so very expensive really! and there are 7 of us going so thats a lot of money to find, and none of us have the funds :(

just wish he would email me, am stressed to the max right now :(

i still really want the holiday tho - i have the address of the apartment, and flights were booked separately, do you think its worth going still or not??

i only bought my travel insurance the other day so bet im not covered as paid the money months ago :(

Speak to your insurance company and see what they say.

Failing that, go to your intended destination and see what the score is. If you can afford it, find alternative accommodation before you go, just in case. Only book that other accommodation if this villa is a no go. Try and claim the loss back through your insurance.

hi llamatron, wish i could afford to stay somewhere else - its marbella so very expensive really! and there are 7 of us going so thats a lot of money to find, and none of us have the funds :(

just wish he would email me, am stressed to the max right now :(

look for a campsite where they have tents there as a back up plan. also look at hostelworld online

http://www.hostelworld.com/

they have reviews on each hostel and you can find rooms for groups that would make it cheaper. Losing out on the luxury of an apartment is better than not going. Look outside the main areas for cheaper places. I know nothing about marbella so Im not sure whether it will have hostels but worth a try. I have found some very nice cheap hotels on this website

when did you try to get in contact with him? maybe he is away.

face it .. you are not going to get your holiday through your own stupidity of parting with money before you get a check on the seller.. Gumtree is full of the senegal spammers and the like. As an offering of sentiment, did you pay by credit card ? If so contact your credit card vendor and let them know the situation and you will get your money back via their insurance on your transaction.. Look's like you are about to learn a very valuable lesson about the internet... Thieves use it too ! :(

face it .. you are not going to get your holiday through your own stupidity of parting with money before you get a check on the seller.. Gumtree is full of the senegal spammers and the like. As an offering of sentiment, did you pay by credit card ? If so contact your credit card vendor and let them know the situation and you will get your money back via their insurance on your transaction.. Look's like you are about to learn a very valuable lesson about the internet... Thieves use it too ! :(

I agree, you're only chance is if you paid by credit card. Otherwise it sounds like you've been scammed!

I agree, you're only chance is if you paid by credit card. Otherwise it sounds like you've been scammed!

don't think saying it was really necessary though.

a) you need to tell your friends depending on how long ago you tried to get in touch

b) find out whether you and they can afford a back up plan

c) go and try and enjoy your hen do

d) if they have to buy more accomodation when they get there I would let them off the wedding presents:D

e) chin up

look for a campsite where they have tents there as a back up plan. also look at hostelworld online

http://www.hostelworld.com/

they have reviews on each hostel and you can find rooms for groups that would make it cheaper. Losing out on the luxury of an apartment is better than not going. Look outside the main areas for cheaper places. I know nothing about marbella so Im not sure whether it will have hostels but worth a try. I have found some very nice cheap hotels on this website

when did you try to get in contact with him? maybe he is away.

Thanks llamatron, thats very constructive, and appreciate it lots! Only thing is I have two Mum's coming so i know they will def be disappointed and not used to slumming it! will check out the website regardless.

Trout-Basher - please advise how you would check on a seller via gumtree, as then i may be able to find details myself! if you have a contract, address, fax number and name - bearing in mind its just a holiday home - then im not sure what else i could have done apart frm ask for a phone number, which i didnt need at the time so didnt think of it, foolish i know.

i contacted him on tuesday via email, then again yest and fax today also. the apartment is a private complex so its not like a hotel where i can just turn up and get in - if i dont have a key then im going to to be stuffed!

OH has spoke to the bank, they cant help apparently, they just send money.

this is not a good omen for my wedding!!!

Thanks llamatron, thats very constructive, and appreciate it lots! Only thing is I have two Mum's coming so i know they will def be disappointed and not used to slumming it! will check out the website regardless.

Trout-Basher - please advise how you would check on a seller via gumtree, as then i may be able to find details myself! if you have a contract, address, fax number and name - bearing in mind its just a holiday home - then im not sure what else i could have done apart frm ask for a phone number, which i didnt need at the time so didnt think of it, foolish i know.

i contacted him on tuesday via email, then again yest and fax today also. the apartment is a private complex so its not like a hotel where i can just turn up and get in - if i dont have a key then im going to to be stuffed!

OH has spoke to the bank, they cant help apparently, they just send money.

this is not a good omen for my wedding!!!

Some of the "hostels" are actually hotels, look for two options, cheap and posh. read the reviews and write some addresses down before you go. If you only rang on Tues he might be away. Although if you assume the worst you will be prepared.

Does the complex not have a reception etc?

I guess the other option is (knowing nothing about your wedding plans) cancel something like the ice sculpture and use it to fund alternative accomodation for your hendo.

Archived