Help - may have done a very stupid thing and need advice!

gumtree should have the phone number as it asks for that to post an ad

have had a reply from their bank, and the reply is a bit iffy in the translator, says they cannot help and to go to a branch in person!

there is a contact box on the Gumtree site have you tried it??

contacted gumtree but it says they can take 2 days to reply :(

have messaged consumer direct, theyre closed now

all my hopes are with the marbella club hotel who are still trying to help me out, bless them!

Aww bless you love..:) i feel for you but know nothing about any of this....i do hope you get it sorted....please let everyone know how you go on..:)

still wiating to hear back from the hotel nearby that are trying to help me

have found an alternative apartment which is in a rubbish location, but is available and not too dear. i need to work out at what point i make a decision tho?!

have told my best friend and she thinks that we maybe just get there, go to the original apartment and then make a decision, and dont tell the others whats going on! neither of us wants to stress the others out or for them to kick off!!!

still wiating to hear back from the hotel nearby that are trying to help me

have found an alternative apartment which is in a rubbish location, but is available and not too dear. i need to work out at what point i make a decision tho?!

have told my best friend and she thinks that we maybe just get there, go to the original apartment and then make a decision, and dont tell the others whats going on! neither of us wants to stress the others out or for them to kick off!!!

Sounds like a plan. If you know you can get an alternative place there and then, you have nothing to lose (if you know what I mean).

well, to book the other place i need £500 so i have got stuff to lose - no guarantee my friends can afford/ willing to give the extra money to me

argh!

and to book the other place i need to let them know today and send the money.

never booking a holiday again! thank god my honeymoon is done through a travel agents!

Gumtree is full of scammers.... I've had afew replies back when trying to sell stuff asking me what my final price is and then they 'DOUBLE' it :confused:

They then ask for my paypal details and bank details HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

One scammer said he would send a cheque of £1750 to me, I would cash it and take my money and send the rest back to him! I went along with it and took the cheque 'Northern Rock' to the bank and asked them to look at it as it did look real, they later notified me that it was a fake.

Be very, very careful. Hope it all works out for you though and you have a holiday to remember and forget all the crap it took to get you there.

Archived