The queen wants a payrise from you

Is she having a laugh?

She currently gets paid 7.9 million a year out of tax payers money but she had a little overspend of 6 mill this year and its eating into her tiny emergency savings of 35 million thats said to run out in 2012 due to over spend. Poor lass.

The monarchy costs us 41.5 mill a year. Great, im so glad we have a monarchy because they are so useful to us.

What the bjesus does she spend all that money on? POINTLESS THINGS!!!

Nothing wrong with the Queen.

What does she contribute to your life then? dont answer if you own any type of royal memorabilia.

Why does she need that much money? And why is she taking all this money off people who are working hard just to survive so she can live an unrealistic and stupidly lavish lifestyle?

I wonder how much the monarch brings in through tourism?........its not just the fact people visit london etc......but as we have a monarch, we have the added prestige of when people visit old places such as national heritage properties, people see a slice of her ancestors.....well thats what they say :)

Guest sibon
I wonder how much the monarch brings in through tourism?........its not just the fact people visit london etc......but as we have a monarch, we have the added prestige of when people visit old places such as national heritage properties, people see a slice of her ancestors.....well thats what they say :)

Whenever I visit Paris, I make a point of visiting Versailles. It is always busy. I've never seen a monarch there :suspect:

I usually pop to the Place De La Concorde as well, just for balance.

We don't need a monarch to sustain the tourists, just some history.

Whenever I visit Paris, I make a point of visiting Versailles. It is always busy. I've never seen a monarch there :suspect:

not forgetting the duty free ;)

I've never understood this argument either. When tourists go to London they look at Buck Palace and visit the Tower of London etc but they don't sit down for tea with the Queen. They just see the buildings. If her Maj retired and went to live in Bournemouth no-one visiting these sites would be any the wiser.

Archived