The queen wants a payrise from you

Forget the income from tourism; just remember that the money the Government gets from the Crown estates (property belonging to the Royal Family directly) vastly outweighs what it gives out in the Civil List. If we revoked the contract that established the Civil List, and instead gave them back their own lands, we'd be worse off.

Effectively, the Royal Family costs us a negative amount of money. They pay in, they don't take out.

Exactly. I was going to go on and say the same thing re: crown estates. Furthermore, not that I quantify it right now, but I wonder how much the royal family brings in, in terms of business from foreign investors just by heading overseas on state affairs.

Legally defined by laws introduced by the erm, royals. You just said it'd take a change in the law to get rid of them. The law changes all the time to steal from us[/QUOTE]

Income tax is stealing by definition. It takes my property permanently without my permission.

Legally defined by laws introduced by the erm, royals. You just said it'd take a change in the law to get rid of them. The law changes all the time to steal from us[/QUOTE]

Income tax is stealing by definition. It takes my property permanently without my permission.

Along with others. They steal you're very life source the moment your birth is REGIStered

Not your property, only new income; and the royals pay that as well as you do. In fact, being richer, they pay vastly more of it than you do.

No law exists that can permanently deprive you of property you already own, without paying full market rate in compensation. If we're going to pay the Royal family full market rate for their land, we're better off sticking to the current agreement, under which we pay vastly less than the full rate of income from it, and then tax that amount.

just remember that the money the Government gets from the Crown estates (property belonging to the Royal Family directly)

Not true, crown estates come from Norman times. How did a German monarch (George I) buy land in the middle of London when he only lived here for a small part at the latter stages of his life? Do 'The House Of Windsor' still own land in Germany?

Not your property, only new income; and the royals pay that as well as you do. In fact, being richer, they pay vastly more of it than you do.

No law exists that can permanently deprive you of property you already own, without paying full market rate in compensation. If we're going to pay the Royal family full market rate for their land, we're better off sticking to the current agreement, under which we pay vastly less than the full rate of income from it, and then tax that amount.

So the money given to me by the company I work for is not mine?

I'm sure we could keep the fancy dress parades if we wanted.

Why do we all owe the royal family a living?

Please don’t take this as an insult, but if that’s your view, you have very little understanding of the whole thing.

My income is my property. It is somethig that I own. It is stolen from me to give to worthless causes like the queen. What a family that lot turned out to be!

What a role model for strong family life and values!:roll:

Crown Estates - Our History

Although the ownership of some property can be traced back to Edward the Confessor, the estate as a whole essentially dates from 1066. After the Norman Conquest, all the land belonged to William "in right of The Crown" because he was King.

If anyone can prove they have a Plantagenet line, they have more right to the land than Elizabeth II.

Please don’t take this as an insult, but if that’s your view, you have very little understanding of the whole thing.

Don't worry, I don't. I just wonder at the double standards. People complain about paying out to chavs cos "they're not owed a living" but the royals are.

Please explain the contradiction

Archived