Make up in the heat

Poppins, what is Jergens natural glow and where do you get it from?

I get it in the US, but I think Jergens is sold everywhere, it's a white face cream that give a bit of a bronze hue ...'Ooo! listen to me Bronze Hue :hihi:

Shaz - eek don't you use any sun protection on your face?

Lol, no, I'm an ethnic so don't need anything. My mum slathers on olive oil in the sun and she looks great for her age. I usually wear a moisturiser with SPF 15, but when it's this hot I can't stand it on my face... any moisturiser I use just turns greasy.

Mattifier is your friend.

and this product from Benefit. Stay don't stray is a fairly recent find that i rate. Strong enough also to use as a concealer on any dodgy bits.

Then stick on some tinted moisturiser

I find a little bit of High beam placed on the cheekbones is good

and then a moisturising mascara

Leave the eyeliner off if you can bear it, it just melts and ends up creating the panda look in this heat but if you can't use liquid.

For nightime add a liquid eyeshadow looks really effective and a bright lipstick and you are good to go.

Depends how burnt you are on the blusher, i tend to go fairly brown so i favour a pinker one in summer but i always really loved a body shop bronzer i had as well, sadly it's now gone to the makeup trolley in the sky.

Hi Shaz, I meant for sun protection, the powers that be say we should wear it all year round but there was a time when no moisturisers had SPF in them and no one even cared :)

Yeah I know, I think it's only white folk that suffer bad consequences from the sun. ;):hihi:

Sorry Shaz I didn't realise :)

Edna, thanks for your advice, what a nice array of products you suggest. I do have a Clinique tinted moisturiser but its the almost make up and I can't get on with it. I love their gentle light foundation which I have on now and is the one thats melted.

The other tinted moisturiser I have is the Boots No7 one which is good.

I can't go without my eyeliner. I do have some liquid which I notice does stay put all day but I keep straying back to the pencil cos I've heard that liquid eyeliner can look too harsh but then again its something I've always worn :)

Sorry Shaz I didn't realise :)

Edna, thanks for your advice, what a nice array of products you suggest. I do have a Clinique tinted moisturiser but its the almost make up and I can't get on with it. I love their gentle light foundation which I have on now and is the one thats melted.

The other tinted moisturiser I have is the Boots No7 one which is good.

I can't go without my eyeliner. I do have some liquid which I notice does stay put all day but I keep straying back to the pencil cos I've heard that liquid eyeliner can look too harsh but then again its something I've always worn :)

I really love The Body Shop's tinted moisturiser :love:

I don't wear makeup in the day anyway, but if I need to wear makeup in hot times and I need it to stay put then I go with Dermablend because once you've applied the setting powder and removed all the oil from it you can sweat without it disappearing and it can be worn in the gym, swimming pool and shower as long as you don't rub it hard.To remove it properly you need an oil based cleanser or its own remover.

My eyes tend to alternate between being too dry and running, so I wear waterproof eye makeup when I need to wear it anyway.

Archived