Make up in the heat

I do too, more so than the clinique's but Maniclass said she wanted SPF. If that's not an issue I second Shaz :)

I remember one time after I'd just put it on, my husband asked me, 'what have you just done? It looks like your skin's glowing (with health).' >>> and that's coming from a MAN, so it must be good. :hihi:

Sorry Shaz I didn't realise :)

Edna, thanks for your advice, what a nice array of products you suggest. I do have a Clinique tinted moisturiser but its the almost make up and I can't get on with it. I love their gentle light foundation which I have on now and is the one thats melted.

The other tinted moisturiser I have is the Boots No7 one which is good.

I can't go without my eyeliner. I do have some liquid which I notice does stay put all day but I keep straying back to the pencil cos I've heard that liquid eyeliner can look too harsh but then again its something I've always worn :)

I was going to suggest a brown, as it looks less harsh, or dusting a little eyeshadow over the top. However, just noticed this new product on BS website. I've not tried it but it sounds great and will be in my basket before long.

Edna, if you use Body Shop tinted moisturiser then do you use a sun cream underneath?

I never used to worry about sun protection until all this hype came out about having to use it all year round. I just used to buy a moisturiser and have done with it.

Is it just foundation that tends to melt off in the heat and tinted moisturiser stays put more?

Edna, if you use Body Shop tinted moisturiser then do you use a sun cream underneath?

I never used to worry about sun protection until all this hype came out about having to use it all year round. I just used to buy a moisturiser and have done with it.

Is it just foundation that tends to melt off in the heat and tinted moisturiser stays put more?

Honestly no I don't. it has a slight SPF in it anyway but not enough to advertise on the product, if the formulation hasn't changed in the last couple of years. (I worked for BS for a very long time!)

Both products will slide off if your skin is producing sebum which it tends to produce more of in this weather also perspiration. However the mattifier is brilliant at stopping your skin doing this.

Hi Edna, that eyeliner looks good. Only thing you look like having to sharpen it and I am an idle so and so with that, tend to use a pencil that you can just twist up. But I will take a gander next time I am in Body Shop.

What colour eyeshadow would you use over the black liquid liner, I currently don't own any eyeshadows as I never use it these days.

Edna, so you don't worry about sun protection then, I wish I didn't as I really want to use the Body Shop day cream as it looks lovely and rich for my dry skin but I am using the SPF lotion, purely because it has an SPF in it. I do prefer a rich cream though with my skin being so dry.

Hi Edna, that eyeliner looks good. Only thing you look like having to sharpen it and I am an idle so and so with that, tend to use a pencil that you can just twist up. But I will take a gander next time I am in Body Shop.

What colour eyeshadow would you use over the black liquid liner, I currently don't own any eyeshadows as I never use it these days.

I have a product that is a black eyeshadow it's a couple of years old now and discon. Superdrug do some eyeshadows called Gosh i think and i've used that before, having looked i think this is the replacement. Just sweep it over. Although i think if you got that body shop one you could soften it out with the sponge end and not need this.

Edna, so you don't worry about sun protection then, I wish I didn't as I really want to use the Body Shop day cream as it looks lovely and rich for my dry skin but I am using the SPF lotion, purely because it has an SPF in it. I do prefer a rich cream though with my skin being so dry.

I do put on SPF if i am going to be out in the sun for a long time but then i just use sun tan lotion. On a day to day basis i don't. I also usually use the Body shop aloe cream but at the moment i'm using a boots one.

Cheers Edna, I think I will go for the Body Shop day cream as it will be richer for my skin. I am tempted to just use a bronzer in this heat but then it won't give as much coverage as a tinted moisturiser or foundation I guess.

Do you use foundation or tinted moisturiser?

Archived