Help with Peugeot car- unknown warning light

hi I was looking at a pug not long ago and this had the same problem i was told by the guy selling it that it was some kind of cooling fluid that needs topping up every few years or so but need to be done by a garage as it has to be to certain level and car has to be level!! Sounded bit far fetched to me but hey he might have been telling the truth but i wasn't willing to risk buying it.

The engine management system is telling you that something is going wrong or maybe a sensor (one of nine in the emissions control system, I was told) is faulty.

Sorry to say, I had the same error message on my 307 in March, paid £140 for a sensor to be replaced only for the message to come up again a week or so later. It then went off and came back on a couple of times. I got rid of the car. The only way you will know is to get it hooked up to a laptop in a garage that has the diagnostics. But as my old car proved, the diagnostics may not tell the whole story. Whoever said that cars were getting too complicated? - my garage man tells me that this is not just a Peugeot problem -all the manufacturers are having to find ever more complex ways to reduce emissions and when it goes wrong ...

My car kept running OK during all of this - I drove to Luton and back twice. Worryingly, though, if the engine management detects there is something really wrong or just thinks there is the car will be sent into "limp home" mode which I think means it will allow to drive at no more than 45 or 50 mph.

Hello

I have a 207 Peugot and the warning light was flashing stating- faulty anti pollution- does anyone know what these means?

I had a new engine fitted last year so I hope its not to do with that?

I had this on a peugeot 407 diesel I had, it may be your diesel partical filter which is just before your cat converter on the engine side. It usually needs replacing when you have done over 100,000 miles. I got dpf filter off Ebay and had it fitted. Do you know a garage that can hook it upto a computer just to check because dealers charge a bomb.

This is the Engine Management warning light. It can be caused by one of the emissions related sensors, which an OBDII scanner should read, or it can be caused by any number of things in the peugeot injection powertrain, which sometimes only a manufacturer-specific scanner will read (ie, a Peugeot scanner). If the vehicle is still under warranty you should take it back to a Peugeot dealership, if it is out of warranty you can bring it to us and we will give you a free scan and you can take it from there, no obligations.

Archived