Advice needed re the stomach bug

I'm currently in the throes of a nasty stomach bug. I haven't slept properly or eaten hardly anything for 2 days.

I'm reluctant to go to the Doctors as I feel as I'd be wasting their time - so basically I thought I'd ask here.

whist experiencing stomach virus the advice is drink plenty of water - which i am doing, but am really exhausted with all this running up and down to the toilet all night and need a good night's sleep.

I don't want to take Immodium - even though I have some somewhere / just wondering if anyone has any sensible tips?

I had that a couple of months ago, it lasted about 4 days but my appitite and energy took another two or three weeks to get back to how it was.

All I can advise is to sip water, little and often instead of glugging it - that way its less likely to go in one end and straight back out the other!

To be honest I didn't find any tablets to be much use. I think just trying to keep relatively still and getting as much sleep as possible is about all you can do. If it doesn't get better in a couple of days i'd go to the doctors but in the meantime if anything is worrying you give NHS Direct a call.

I hope you feel better soon :)

I'm currently in the throes of a nasty stomach bug. I haven't slept properly or eaten hardly anything for 2 days.

I'm reluctant to go to the Doctors as I feel as I'd be wasting their time - so basically I thought I'd ask here.

whist experiencing stomach virus the advice is drink plenty of water - which i am doing, but am really exhausted with all this running up and down to the toilet all night and need a good night's sleep.

I don't want to take Immodium - even though I have some somewhere / just wondering if anyone has any sensible tips?

If you dont improve over the next few days , I would go to your GP,as youre going to get dehyrated.He may want a sample of your faeces to have it examind to see what type of a bug it is.

After two days, I think it's unlikely to be just the Norovirus - at least, whenever I've been attacked by it, I've been back to normal within 24 hours.

So yes, I'd say go and see a doctor. Or, perhaps, try to talk to one on the phone, for fear of having to dash to the loo halfway through the conversation.:hihi:

I had similar symptoms - went to Drs after 3 days (says so on diocalm box). I had campylobacter food poisioning, a week nearly eating soup and bread(carbs help) and drinking dilute pop. 3 weeks later my body is just back to normal.

Archived