How Posh Are You?

Guest sibon

i was brought up down south by a sheffielder,

it was always breakfast/lunch/dinner

and then when we were in sheffield it would be breakfast/luch/dinner/supper supper always being something alng the lines of a cup of tea and a toasted teacake or breadcake, biscuits, crackers. i think the rule was anything that takes less than 5 mins to prepare lol

been living up north nearly 10 years now and its breakfast-lunch-dinner for me still supper still being a late night snack, tea to me will always just be a drink

Knowing what prosecco is makes you posh???? In whose world? Or Houmous???? Everyone eats that - you can buy it anywhere, and appears in shop bought sarnies across the country...

Perhaps it's a bit out of date? Mind you, I remember KwikSave selling houmous... Not prosecco though, just asti spumante!!!

All I can say is the only thing that stops me doing all of the things mentioned in the article is a lack of spare cash.

Having is a cleaner is just a luxury I cant afford.

Again I would shop at Waitrose but having 2 hungry teenagers means I can only afford Aldi.

I do like and do eat Houmus though and do have a box of Earl Grey in my cupboard.

Maybe Ill get to go to the opera when I retire or when the teenagers leave home!

I associate "more tea, vicar" with a faux gentility; that is, with folk who are not as refaynd as what you and I are.

Perhaps. Miss Marple would serve scons and Earl Grey on the vicarage lawn. Hyacinth Bouquet would sit a gold paper doily underneath her scon, and would drink the insipid concoction with a rigid little finger protruding from the teenily impractical china cup handle. There's the difference.

I'm not posh, but I have some very high standards..nothing less will do..and why should it?

I've always said " I have champagne taste, but lemonade money"

I dont have a cleaner, but will pay for my ironing doing because I HATE IT!!!:rant::hihi::hihi:

These are not the only measures of poshness. There is also wearing a Burberry baseball cap, living on The Manor, smoking fags in a non smoking area, drinking strong lager, owning a pit bull and supporting Ing-er-land down the local on match days.

Good for you :)

I've married a northerener and even after 8yrs together we still get muddled up because he insists on saying the wrong words for different meals :roll:

"Breakfast, dinner, tea" my ar5e! Who drinks tea instead of an evening meal?? Idiots!

I say breakfast, dinner and tea, cos thats what it is :hihi:. A woman i know and her kids say breakfast lunch, dinner, but there from scotland.

Archived