Guest sibon

According to this article, you are posh if you do the following:

Shop at Waitrose.

Say "supper" instead of "dinner".

Own an Aga.

Employ a cleaner.

Have an interest in horses or sailing.

So, are you posh?

I shop at Waitrose... But that's only because it's the nearest supermarket!

I don't say supper instead of dinner, but in my house, the day's meals go:- Breakfast, (8-10 am) Lunch,(1pm) Afternoon tea -though that meal is not always tea-and cucumber sandwiches hehe.(between 5 and 7pm) supper (10-11pm)

I don't own an Aga, but I used to live in a house that had an Aga, and it was fabulous to cook on, and cosy-warm in winter! (ooh! *sigh* to have an Aga again!)

I employ a cleaner, but for the same reasons as Medusa above.

I love going horse-riding, though I don't get to do it so much these days :(:cry:

and yes, my very favourite tea is a delicate Earl grey.

so despite being what I consider an average Josephine-Public, I must be posh, by that token...

I say! Theddles! Saddle up the polo ponies, and we'll have another chukka!

oh, and PS, yes I like opera and ballet (well, Some ballets,)

Good for you :)

I've married a northerener and even after 8yrs together we still get muddled up because he insists on saying the wrong words for different meals :roll:

"Breakfast, dinner, tea" my ar5e! Who drinks tea instead of an evening meal?? Idiots!

I say dinner OR lunch at midday then dinner OR tea at night interchangeably.. dunno why though?!

I've never said supper though, no idea what that is!

No. No. No. No. No.

Only daft people call supper dinner.

Dinner is the meal that follows breakfast and supper is the last meal of the day so how can anyone get them confused?

And daft people call lunch dinner and think that dinner comes after breakfast...I say, where were you drarged up?

Don't own an Aga...counts me out.

I say dinner OR lunch at midday then dinner OR tea at night interchangeably.. dunno why though?!

I've never said supper though, no idea what that is!

Supper is usually a light snack prior to bed.

I shop at Waitrose... But that's only because it's the nearest supermarket!

I don't say supper instead of dinner, but in my house, the day's meals go:- Breakfast, (8-10 am) Lunch,(1pm) Afternoon tea -though that meal is not always tea-and cucumber sandwiches hehe.(between 5 and 7pm) supper (10-11pm)

I don't own an Aga, but I used to live in a house that had an Aga, and it was fabulous to cook on, and cosy-warm in winter! (ooh! *sigh* to have an Aga again!)

I employ a cleaner, but for the same reasons as Medusa above.

I love going horse-riding, though I don't get to do it so much these days :(:cry:

and yes, my very favourite tea is a delicate Earl grey.

so despite being what I consider an average Josephine-Public, I must be posh, by that token...

I say! Theddles! Saddle up the polo ponies, and we'll have another chukka!

oh, and PS, yes I like opera and ballet (well, Some ballets,)

Forgot about the opera and ballet - guilty as charged, like and go to both. I also go to music gigs and watch Corrie though.

I also grew up in a house with an Aga, I love Agas, but they're too expensive to run.

Mountain goat's phlegm is a little known delicacy enjoyed nearly exclusively by posh heads. I could only afford a tea spoonful when I tried it but it had a kind of sweet, fruity quality. Apparently the climate a typical mountain goat endures causes it to produce high concentrations of glucose.

The purity of the phlegm is judged on how much cud is hocked up with it. It is served in special dishes and you just let it slide down your throat.

Posh people eat some right weird stuff. Stop being weird. Your weird.

Mountain goat's phlegm is a little known delicacy enjoyed nearly exclusively by posh heads. I could only afford a spoonful when I tried it but it had a kind of sweet, fruity quality. Apparently the climate a typical mountain goat endures causes it to produce a high amount of glucose.

The purity of the phlegm is judged on how much cud is hocked up with it. It is served in special dishes and you just let it slide down your throat.

Posh people eat some right weird stuff. Stop being weird. Your weird.

I swallow oysters whole. Now thats being posh .:)

Forgot about the opera and ballet - guilty as charged, like and go to both. I also go to music gigs and watch Corrie though.

I also grew up in a house with an Aga, I love Agas, but they're too expensive to run.

This was a big (shared) household I lived in at the time! So, divided between us all, and the fact that it also ran the central heating system, it wasn't horrendously bad...

Archived