How Posh Are You?

Guest sibon

Need someone to explain to me why some people pronounce scone as skon. Never understood that. You say cone and stone but for some reason certain people say skon - even though it is cone with an 's' at the front.

I find it really annoying as well.

Did you check out etymology.com? They have a much more in depth description and it is much more suitable. And I still don't care as long as I get grub in my belly whenever I am hungry.

Yeah..but it blabbered on about it's origins in the 14th century. We've come a long way since sleeping with pigs n cattle...:D

Not in the slightist.

Oh and I think one of the other pre-requisits(sp?)

Is you have to pronounce bath - baaaarth....

That just means you're from the South of the UK.

Employing a cleaner qualifies you as middle class, not posh. Maybe having staff qualifies you as posh.

In fact that whole list strikes me as having been written by someone who could probably be described as working class and seems aimed at describing middle class rather than posh.

That just means you're from the South of the UK.

Employing a cleaner qualifies you as middle class, not posh. Maybe having staff qualifies you as posh.

In fact that whole list strikes me as having been written by someone who could probably be described as working class and seems aimed at describing middle class rather than posh.

Would have been more obvious if the pinky in the air while drinking tea was added to the list. Well spotted though.

Archived