How Posh Are You?

Guest sibon

According to that I'm only posh when it comes to things food & drink related :suspect:

I drink Earl Grey (actually I prefer Lady Grey)

Love Houmous

Get some things at Waitrose that I can't find elsewhere (but the rest I get at Netto & Castle Market :hihi:)

Isn't Prosecco that cheap version of champagne? Surely drinking real champagne is posh, not cheap fizz?? I prefer it to a lot of champagnes anyway... the £4 one at Lidl is gorgeous :love:

Prosecco is the Italian version of champagne (ie fizzy white), Cava is the cheap version of champagne. Prosecco is actually pretty nice.

Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner/supper (depending on the time and nature of the meal)

Except on Sunday

Brunch, Dinner, Tea.

I figure that whichever of your latter two meals is the larger one is dinner. So most days I have lunch and then dinner. Sometimes on Sunday I have dinner and then tea. I occasionally have supper, that being a late evening meal, generally after having already had dinner earlier in the evening.

I say baaaath (without the r), also pronounce scone as "skon".

The only thing on that list that is relevant to me is the interest in horses and sailing, although I can't ride horses and am only interested in windsurfing (which can be placed under the sailing genre I think). So, according to the Telegraph, I'm definately not posh.

I have tea and bickies when I wake up, then coffee and toast at what most people consider to be lunch time and tea at some time in the evening. If I have my tea early, I might indulge in a spot of supper, because I can't sleep if I'm hungry!

In the days when I entertained friends for a meal, it was generally referred to as dinner, probably because it was usually something that involved a bit more effort than throwing a couple of jacket potatoes in the oven.

I don't like Earl Grey or humous, don't have an Aga, but did have a cleaner for a while, but that didn't make me and my partner posh, just idle!!

Need someone to explain to me why some people pronounce scone as skon. Never understood that. You say cone and stone but for some reason certain people say skon - even though it is cone with an 's' at the front.

I find it really annoying as well.

VINDICATION! FINALLY! :clap::thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more. Erm... does this make me posh?

Archived