Chapped lips worse in winter or summer

Do you suffer from chapped lips? If so - are they worse in winter or summer? What's your best remedy?

Never before had chapped lips but this year they are dry and cracking and really sore. It's me old age I reckon, and the hot weather.

Apart from cosmetic surgery or amputation, is there a good solution to this problem?

I do but I like lots of salt on everything - even ice cream, but especially chips. It hurts ... oh god it hurts! :D

:shocked: I think chapped lips are the least of your problems.

:shocked: I think chapped lips are the least of your problems.

Chapped lips are my only health problem (he says not touching wood cos that's a silly superstition).

Nothing wrong with salt. Good for you. Don't say you believe all this nonsense about it being bad for you. Next you'll be saying chocolate is bad for you and even smoking. Are you mad ;)

Get yourself a tube of Blistex Intensive or Medicated and combine that with very gentle exfoliation of your lips using either a facial scrub or simply a clean toothbrush and a little petroleum jelly.

If there's a possibility that the cracks in your lips are infected then you may need to get that seen to by a doctor independently, but in most cases the cracks are caused by a build up of skin cells making the skin on your lips less flexible and stretchy than it should be, which means that it splits rather than stretching when you open your mouth, sneeze or whatever.

I get splits in my lips which bleed really badly when I've got a cold, which is a sign that the membranes in your lips are affected by the cold virus just as much as the membranes of your sinuses I suppose.

Chapped lips are my only health problem (he says not touching wood cos that's a silly superstition).

Nothing wrong with salt. Good for you. Don't say you believe all this nonsense about it being bad for you. Next you'll be saying chocolate is bad for you and even smoking. Are you mad ;)

But I don't down me choccy with salt...

Barking!!!

Archived