How easy is it to get published?

That, to be fair, is not real publishing. I'm not knocking it, but that wasn't the answer the op was looking for.

I forgot to add, you can get published if you write utter tosh that just happens to gave mass Market appeal. Find the secret and any monkey with a keyboard can get published!

Try getting a book called "the writers and artists yearbook". This is considered to be the "bible" of getting published, has info on how to go about it, lists of agents and publishers and the kind of work they deal with etc. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Writers-Artists-Yearbook-Black-Publishers/dp/1408111276/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275696346&sr=8-1

There were two: "Neighbourhood Watch for beginners" and "Relegation & How to Survive It-A Guide for Wednesday Fans" :hihi:

now now BF.....if the watch wrote a book it would be a best seller....has for wednesday...been there before.....

you owt to try your hand....tales of a man in leopard skin trunks...would be a good title..:hihi::hihi::hihi:

as eastbank said.you can get it printed yourself and self publish it

thats the way mate...just like i told tony beesley before he did his great book..our generation....he did everything himself...now he is on book two and three....just need the cash to get it off the ground..

That, to be fair, is not real publishing. I'm not knocking it, but that wasn't the answer the op was looking for.

I forgot to add, you can get published if you write utter tosh that just happens to gave mass Market appeal. Find the secret and any monkey with a keyboard can get published!

no but its a nice little earner.....had one done through a publisher and earnt peanuts...stick to the d.i.y. route its better and more profitable

Sorry, but this just isn't true... I'm sure you didn't get a 10k advance from your novel, plus a 6% share of all book sales.

And, future novels would do even better (providing your sales were up).

You could easily make a hundred grand from a reasonably well selling novel from a major publisher (although, chances are, you'd probaby only make about 20k from your first novel).

I'm sure you didn't make anything like that kind of profit.

Sorry, but this just isn't true... I'm sure you didn't get a 10k advance from your novel, plus a 6% share of all book sales.

You could easily make a hundred grand from a reasonably well selling novel from a major publisher (although, chances are, you'd probaby only make about 20k from your first novel).

got the advance which was not to be sniffed at...but your 6% includes the advance..i know its for ever....but i made more doing it myself....the published one will be out in paperback this july...so another pay day...i really didnt do it for the money...but when it sold well that was a bonus....still a nice little earner though....

my mate had his turned into a film...now that earnt him megga bucks...

you seem to be living in some sort of dreamworld

1: the title of the thread is "how easy is it to get published" which has been mentioned at least 3 times...very very easy if you do it yourself, its not about how profitable it is, which you seem to be stuck in a rut about.

2: the profitabity may be more with big publishers, mass markets etc may be more but its a damnsight harder for the little people who arent part of the literery scene to find a major publisher, let alone take their book on.

Archived