How easy is it to get published?

you seem to be living in some sort of dreamworld

1: the title of the thread is "how easy is it to get published" which has been mentioned at least 3 times...very very easy if you do it yourself, its not about how profitable it is, which you seem to be stuck in a rut about.

2: the profitabity may be more with big publishers, mass markets etc may be more but its a damnsight harder for the little people who arent part of the literery scene to find a major publisher, let alone take their book on.

Proof positive that people on the internet have no idea how to relate to others! It's amazing how quickly some people resort to insults...

If the OP wanted to know how to self publish a book, they would have asked: How easy is it to self publish?

In which case, the answer would be very!

You could try being nice. After all, I'm only trying to offer help on this subject. If you have an issue relating to publishing, I suggest you resolve it before posting on this topic again.

:)

Proof positive that people on the internet have no idea how to relate to others! It's amazing how quickly some people resort to insults...

If the OP wanted to know how to self publish a book, they would have asked: How easy is it to self publish?

In which case, the answer would be very!

You could try being nice. After all, I'm only trying to offer help on this subject. If you have an issue relating to publishing, I suggest you resolve it before posting on this topic again.

:)

wheres the insult? saying you must be living in a dreamworld??

you wasnt being helpful in my eyes you picked a fight about making money, even after being pointed out he'd got helpful info beforehand, again in the quote above your now picking a fight between semantics

the title refers to BEING PUBLISHED (it didnt matter whether its big publishing or self publishing like eastbank mentioned) just publishing in general so your arguement above is null and void and cos both are valid for the thread.

as for your original arguement (fair enough your point about big publishing is valid) BUT you spoilt it by bogging it down about numbers and profit, which the thread ISNT about.

maybe he doesnt want to make a big profit, maybe he doesnt want to make any profit, maybe he doesnt want the hassle of a big company breathing down his neck

as i said earlier its prolly easier for a "normal" person to slef publish than to try and get noticed by a big publisher anyway, and thats what the threads about.....how easy is it

easy....self publish it...crack on with your book and then approach a printer not a publisher...they will do all the work for you....i had 500 copies of my first book done at AD Print on Sharrowvale Road....cost me about £4 a copy...sold the book for £9....published in november 2002 and sold them all by christmas....book world then ordered another 1,500 in total and sold them all for me...not as much profit but it did ok....

had it re-issued in 2006 and sold another 1,000.....if i can do it anyone can...

a lad called tony beesley asked me the same question and i told him straight self publish...his book our generation is a great book...and now he's doing two more....go for it...

I like it! :)

Self publishing every-time! Publishers are just evil and will eat your soul.

easy....self publish it...crack on with your book and then approach a printer not a publisher...they will do all the work for you....i had 500 copies of my first book done at AD Print on Sharrowvale Road....cost me about £4 a copy...sold the book for £9....published in november 2002 and sold them all by christmas....book world then ordered another 1,500 in total and sold them all for me...not as much profit but it did ok....

had it re-issued in 2006 and sold another 1,000.....if i can do it anyone can...

a lad called tony beesley asked me the same question and i told him straight self publish...his book our generation is a great book...and now he's doing two more....go for it...

Read your book pal,great read.was in arena square yesterday and was having a drink with a guy who reckons he was with you guys in that club when one of you got hospitalised.Small ginger guy he is,works at post office.think hes called Andy.

wheres the insult? saying you must be living in a dreamworld??

you wasnt being helpful in my eyes you picked a fight about making money, even after being pointed out he'd got helpful info beforehand, again in the quote above your now picking a fight between semantics

the title refers to BEING PUBLISHED (it didnt matter whether its big publishing or self publishing like eastbank mentioned) just publishing in general so your arguement above is null and void and cos both are valid for the thread.

as for your original arguement (fair enough your point about big publishing is valid) BUT you spoilt it by bogging it down about numbers and profit, which the thread ISNT about.

maybe he doesnt want to make a big profit, maybe he doesnt want to make any profit, maybe he doesnt want the hassle of a big company breathing down his neck

as i said earlier its prolly easier for a "normal" person to slef publish than to try and get noticed by a big publisher anyway, and thats what the threads about.....how easy is it

Yowch! Disagreeing with someone is NOT trying to start a fight. And it seems you want to argue for the sake of it. But please go pick a fight elsewhere, or, better still, don't!

To the OP: The Writer's & Journalists Yearbook is by FAR the best source of information on all writing matters. It even contains a step by step guide to self publishing as well as ALL the information on literary agents and publishers.

There are lots of small publishers around who are looking for great new talent for small print runs. They can often be your best bet for a footbold into the publishing universe.

Read your book pal,great read.was in arena square yesterday and was having a drink with a guy who reckons he was with you guys in that club when one of you got hospitalised.Small ginger guy he is,works at post office.think hes called Andy.

yes i know andy..worked with him at tremix engineering...he was about 17 at the time...told him to stay in the van...when it kicked off...spent two weeks in welwyn garden city with a fractured skull...12 against the whole boozer...we were like spartans...and loved it...

tell andy to get up to birley for a beer....

glad you enjoyed the book mate...all the best

Archived