Who Owns The Bank Of England?

Because the BoE has borrowed money from overseas investors and has to pay interest on it.

Exactly. The question "who owns the bank of England" is not really the issue here, rather who has stakes in its open market operations, which involve mostly private investment.

The problem of compound interest comes from the network of private banks that we as consumers and businesses depend upon to fuel the market with interest laden credit. 90% of the money in circulation is electronic and loaned on a fractional reserve basis by private commercial banks.

Exactly. The question "who owns the bank of England" is not really the issue here, rather who has stakes in its open market operations, which involve mostly private investment.

The problem of compound interest comes from the network of private banks that we as consumers and businesses depend upon to fuel the market with interest laden credit. 90% of the money in circulation is electronic and loaned on a fractional reserve basis by private commercial banks.

is fractional reserve banking such a bad thing?

it has worked well enough over the last 400 years and provided you with standard of living that would have been unimaginable even 50 years ago.

our current economic problems are a result of careless lending and borrowing which is a failure of the people involved not with fractional reserve banking and that failure originated with the decision in the 1980's to turn bankers into salespeople rather than keep them as bankers.

is fractional reserve banking such a bad thing?

it has worked well enough over the last 400 years and provided you with standard of living that would have been unimaginable even 50 years ago.

our current economic problems are a result of careless lending and borrowing which is a failure of the people involved not with fractional reserve banking and that failure originated with the decision in the 1980's to turn bankers into salespeople rather than keep them as bankers.

I personally don't think fractional reserve banking is inherently bad, no. I think when used in the context of the banking system we have today, however, it is unsustainable and destructive. So it all depends on how it is being used.

Of course, you have critics such as those in the Austrian school who oppose fractional reserve outright, but then they support a system dominated by mostly unregulated private commercial banking, so it makes sense to oppose it in that context.

• 3 weeks later...
Are you mad or something. It is owned by the Governement

the two shares given out for the holding company " Bank of England Nominees Limited " is a state secret

meaning u or me dont know and are not allowed to know who has the only two shares issued!

your comments please on this fact,

the two shares given out for the holding company " Bank of England Nominees Limited " is a state secret

meaning u or me dont know and are not allowed to know who has the only two shares issued!

your comments please on this fact,

The Bank of England Nominees Limited is a subsidiary of the BOE not the holding company.

The BOE is a nationalised ie owned by the Government.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/economics/who-owns-the-bank-of-england/

The BOE Nominees is owned by the BOE.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bank_of_england_nominees_ltd

(see the PDF file attached to the letter of 5 March 2010).

The Bank of England Nominees Limited is a subsidiary of the BOE not the holding company.

The BOE is a nationalised ie owned by the Government.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/economics/who-owns-the-bank-of-england/

The BOE Nominees is owned by the BOE.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bank_of_england_nominees_ltd

(see the PDF file attached to the letter of 5 March 2010).

I kindly suggest u research correct information

Why would the BOE own the company which was set up

To control it ? It makes no sense !

Fact : BOE nominee ltd share holders are a state secret

Meaning the public are not allowed to know who owns the two

Shares issued for the holding company !

Yes labour may have nationalised it in the 70s

But in the process set up another holding cOmpany which

Effectivlly owns and controls the BANK!

I kindly suggest u research correct information

Why would the BOE own the company which was set up

To control it ? It makes no sense !

Fact : BOE nominee ltd share holders are a state secret

Meaning the public are not allowed to know who owns the two

Shares issued for the holding company !

Yes labour may have nationalised it in the 70s

But in the process set up another holding cOmpany which

Effectivlly owns and controls the BANK!

Well show me your "correct information" then.

The BOE owns the Nominees - not the other way round.

And I linked to a document which shows who the shareholders of the nominees are.

Do you know anything about "truth" or "logic"

Archived