Have Disney movies and Rom Coms given women unrealistic expectations?

Theres a woman at work who's single and refuses to date anyone because shes waiting for "the one". This is apparently a person that she'll see and "know" that shes destined to be with for the rest of her life. this person will be hopelessly romantic, will treat her like a princess and they'll be happy forever.

I've been told i'm a misery for pointing out shes going to have a very lonely old age and a dull life waiting for this mythical person. I've told her that she has to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince and even then you're not guaranteed anything. In fact realistically once the initial heat of the relationship fades the best you can hope for is that you at least stay friends and have some cool stuff to talk about and you don't start to loathe each other.

When I asked where this prince wuld emerge from she said that he's out there and hadn't I seen Sleepless In Seattle? I said yes, I've also seen Roadhouse but that doean't mean every problem in the world can be solved by kicking.

completely, I don't watch chick flicks and I am much more realistic about what men are capable of. A lot of my female friends always want unobtainably good looking guys and seem to think sex will be some beautiful gentle clean love making.

Definatley.sadly. Totally. :0(

life with a man is all about tolerance and compromise!!

Sometimes I wish we could live in seperate houses as living with mine drives me mad.

Picks nose

doesn't clean bathroom

doesn't pick bathmat up after shower

dies t put lid on toothpaste

doesn't lift toilet seat so I sit on a wet one!

Doesn't see crumbs after making toast/sandwich

doesn't realise there isn't a medal for cleaning, it has to be done regulary not just "I did it last month"

using EVERY utensil in the kitchen when cooking

channel flicking then watching something that's already half way through or doesn't know what it's about

not understanding women like small talk

not understand when we ask u something we don't need a solution we just want to talk about it

when I ask if I look fat in something I actually on this one occassion want you to lie and say no darling!! Not " you wanted honesty"

now where's gerard butler?! :0)

A modern day Cinderella looking for a Prince Charming with the aid of her Fairy Godmother need only use a bit of common sense.

Modern day Cinderella would do all the pots, washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning etc. and ask her Godmother/Gran for advice on 'getting' Prince Charming, and she'd say go to 'the ball' (nightclub/pub of same name), don't dress like a tart, get sloshed and sleep with any man drunk enough, just behave a bit like a lady and tha might just find him.

A lot of young women today struggle with microwave meals, dress like tarts, can't clean up after themselves, let alone a prospective man, drink like fish and sleep around. And I think therein lies the problem.

Unless they behave like Cinderella, they won't find Prince Charming.

Definatley.sadly. Totally. :0(

life with a man is all about tolerance and compromise!!

Sometimes I wish we could live in seperate houses as living with mine drives me mad.

Picks nose

doesn't clean bathroom

doesn't pick bathmat up after shower

dies t put lid on toothpaste

doesn't lift toilet seat so I sit on a wet one!

Doesn't see crumbs after making toast/sandwich

doesn't realise there isn't a medal for cleaning, it has to be done regulary not just "I did it last month"

using EVERY utensil in the kitchen when cooking

channel flicking then watching something that's already half way through or doesn't know what it's about

not understanding women like small talk

not understand when we ask u something we don't need a solution we just want to talk about it

when I ask if I look fat in something I actually on this one occassion want you to lie and say no darling!! Not " you wanted honesty"

now where's gerard butler?! :0)

i feel you are just too picky when it comes to us gentlemen .

all the things you have listed above he would have been doing BEFORE he met you ,as they are all manly gifts we do well, and have practiced since our teens.

so you cant complain now :)

I've told her that she has to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince and even then you're not guaranteed anything.
What you talkin about Willis??

I've kissed plenty of frogs and they never turn into a prince, they just stay as frogs ... :huh: It's the default for males!

What you talkin about Willis??

I've kissed plenty of frogs and they never turn into a prince, they just stay as frogs ... :huh:It's the default for males!

Frogs are not the common denominator...that's why they don't turn into a prince. :hihi:

Archived